JOJO's Journey

Friday, December 07, 2007

Oh Christmas Tree....

so something pretty cool happened to me the other night...Wednesday it was. A got a real Christmas tree. I've never had one before; at least what i can remember. i might of had one when i lived in Friendly Fridley with what seemed like a million roommates, but i really cant remember. anyways- this tree is pretty awesome. It was given to me by a friend. He went with me to pick it out, he than delivered it to my house (which was a long ways out of his way) and he figured out how to put it in the stand. I was so excited. Thanks Matt for blessing me with this, i truly do enjoy it and am still in awe of how willing you were to give it up and to bring it here. Matt had a gift certificate and didn't want it. I, when offered it, did! super fun. i spent that night decorating it and actually enjoyed it this year. Most year i look at my sorry little 4 foot fake tree and wonder...'why am i going to the trouble of setting this up, it's so small and ugly'. this tree is far from small and it the complete opposite of ugly. and it smells fantastic! i have yet to get gifts put under it...but love that it is in my dining room. This sort of gift and action from one friend to another is what makes Christmas a blast. I am truly blessed!!!

p.s.- did you know that real trees like this cost $80.00- Holy Cow. i had no idea!!! again, i am in awe that it is in my dining room. come see it! i love having visitors.

4 Comments:

Blogger The Lefto's said...

Gone are the 'good ole' days of headin' out in the back yard and choppin' down a tree huh?? I dream of the day the fam goes to pick out a tree... my kids don't even know that that's an option... pretty sad! Maybe someday, but $80that's... WOW!!!

11:38 PM  
Blogger Rajan Family said...

Dude, nice tree. We decorated our ficus. Not the same...:)

12:42 PM  
Blogger The Schreiner's said...

It is so pretty Jo Jo. But for the record...we did get a real tree the first year we lived together. Remember stuffing it in the trunk and then all the needles on the floor. Good times in Fridley!
love ya

1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

JoJo!!! I'm super duper happy that you got a real tree! It looks very, very, very pretty! I hope that I can be invited over to your house so I can smell the beauty of a real pine tree!
- Sara
p.s. I approve of all 5 men (from inquiring minds wanna know)

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home