JOJO's Journey

Thursday, November 15, 2007

inquiring minds wanna know.

i have a consistent jojo's journey's blog reader out there who has been inquiring about my 'personal life'. he has been asking lots of fun questions about my past dating experiences, who i have crush(es) on and what i look for in a guy. so, i thought i'd divulge some information.
what i look for in a guy? huh, that's a tough one. lots of people (mostly my mom) have told me that they think i am to picky and that's why i am single....and have been for multiple years. but, i think it's that i simply have high standards. is that wrong?
so...first and for most i'd really like the man i date and or marry to be athletic. to love the outdoors. to love gyms. and clubs. to love to sweat. i love to be out of breath and to strain my muscles. andy roddick is a stud pro tennis player who highly enjoys a good work out. i read the other week that he decided to skip some media shoots in London and leave early to get back to the states to start training for his next tournament, and cuz of it he got fined $20,000. now that's dedication. some of my favorite sports to play are basketball, sand volleyball, and tennis (of course,although i suck at it). i also have taken up tri-athlons as a past time. i love to swim. i love to get on my bike and ride miles upon miles. i love to compete- mostly against myself, but against others too. so- i guess i'd highly enjoy Mr. Right to be athletic, or at least like to work out.

Than there is Josh Duhmal. oh goodness....Josh is old school. Born and raised in North Dakota- a old fashion type. ok, maybe he isn't anymore, but at least he has a solid foundation and up bringing. Not that i NEED it, but i think it'd be really cool for the dude i date someday to have a similar background. i cant speak for Josh, but my background consisted of meals together at the table with my family, doing chores and not getting paid, taking turns using the bathroom, being punished old school....spanked in other words- but honestly, i think that only happened once for me. i was a really good kid! playing...lots and lots of playing. snowmobiling, 4-wheeling, motorcycling, tackle football, making up games, biking, going to the lake, hunting, going to church on Sunday and youth group on Wednesday, home made food on a regular basis (none of this stuff out of box), rollerskating, sledding, and laughter- lots of it! So- it'd be really nice to have an old fashion sort of guy. one who opens the car door for a lady and pays for her meal, and maybe even brings her flower oh so often. hummm, that'd be nice huh.

intelligent....of course the man i plan to marry has to be able to carry on a intellectual conversation. One who makes sense when he talks...and has intriguing thoughts and ideas to talk about. who stimulates my thoughts and challenges me. of course, Michael Vartan is smart...he played Vaugh in Alais- a double agent who worked for the CIA...he has to be smart, right? well....regardless, he looks smart. (and hot). i NEED someone who also thinks and believes similar to me. which brings me to a very important piece of what i need in a man. I need him to be a lover of God. one who believes that He (Jesus) died for our sins, and rose again....and that we are called to live our life to glorify HIM. to try and be like HIM. the man i marry must be a Christian. i know that sounds like a tough standard- but...i am unwilling to break the bound i have with the lover of my soul just to have a relationship with a someone here on earth. this is an area that i am unwilling to falter in. smart...he needs to be smart. JESUS SMART.

tall...he has to be taller than me. i don't care if it is a millimeter taller than me or a whole foot taller...he has to be taller. i am not really sure why i am so hung up on this issue, but....i am. i am a tall lady, thanks to my dad. i height in at a solid 6'0. most days i hate being that tall. it's so hard to find dates...and more important than that- jeans, i can never find jeans that are long enough. I am not really sure how tall Matthew Fox is, but my guess is 6'3. that'd be nice. i also like someone who can deliver a solid hug. again, rugged and tough- Matthew has to be able to deliver the perfect hug. being tough is also a trait i am into. not mean tough- just rugged tough. 5'0clock shadows, cut off t-shirts, shortly shaved hair, and eyes...he has to have good eyes.
i am not sure if this is a trait that Matt carries, but something i look for in a guy is for him to be motivated, goal orientated and passionate about what he does and is called to do. who goes after his dreams and figures out a way to achieve them. is constantly working hard at making those dreams come true. that sort of passions is highly attractive.
ok....lastly. of course you have to be highly attracted to the person you date and or may marry someday. This may sound super shallow, but- Paul Walker is seriously one of the hottest men alive. seriously....

i really hope that who ever i date and or marry is highly attracted to me, and i to him. I know the more you get to know someone the more attractive they become i also know that it's not just all about the physical characteristics. but hey, if he looks anything like Paul - i am in....all in!!!
so. there ya have it. inquiring minds wanted to know! well, its these fine five fellows. please note that these are just a few of things i look for, and most of them are semi-shallow. i'd give up most any of the above things (except for the belief in God thing) for a man that truly is for me, in love with me, and makes me happy. I'd give up looks and abs and athleticism any day for a man that seeks after me. I'd hand over the height and the conversation for a man that see the true me and likes what he sees and than madly falls in love with me....and finds me the hottest chic alive!

seriously....HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Annette said...

You are absolutely the best, Jo! thanks for this highly informative and thought-filled blog! I can tell it took you a few minutes but that it also rolled off our fingertips. Hang in there - it's WORTH the wait! 32 years is nothin' - we're spring chickens :).... praying for you and your knight in shining armor. Like my friend Amy says, "it only takes meeting one person, one time." Press On.

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home