JOJO's Journey

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Luc Line Trail


This past Saturday Anna, Jen, Andrew and I packed up our bikes, our warm clothes, our biking rear, some H20, and went to Plymouth to get on the Luc Line Trail. Our intentions were to bike west to Watertown MN, have some coffee, and than bike back. The round trip totalled 40 miles. We had amazing weather- the best day in a long while; we were so thankful. We dressed warm and had to shed the clothes as we peddled, and peddled and peddled some more. The colors were amazing, as you can see in the picture. And of course we had a great amount of time to chit-chat. We averaged about 14 mph; but at some point we were only going 9 mph and at others 25 mph. Andrew tried to teach me to 'jump' my bike and than he encouraged me to bike 'no handed'. I don't think i have tried to bike with out hands since i was 10. i did it perfectly for a long time while coasting down a big hill...otherwise i couldn't seem to get the balancing part down. we stopped on our way there to take a butt rest and to play in the corn field, and take some pictures too. it was a much needed break- out butts were sore. We got to Watertown and the Crow cafe' for some much needed coffee, some chocolate drink and water too. We sat there for an hour or so drinking up some good coffee and than got back on our bikes and back on the trail. On the way back we also needed another break and decided to play on a old tractor that was near the side of the trail. it totally reminded me a tractor my dad has. there was a key in it and Andrew was really tempted to try and start it. I am not sure what the owners would have done if we actually did start it. the last 8 or so miles of our trip Anna and I decided to kick it down a notch (16 mph) cuz we really wanted to get off our bikes. my knees were killing me and... simply, i wanted off the bike!!!! Jen, who bikes once a year (and that once a year would be this bike trip) was biking at a solid 12 mph, but for me.... i needed off my bike and 12 mph wasn't getting it done; so had to pick up the speed a little. Anna and i got back to the car about 10 minutes before Andrew and Jen. Overall it was great time with great friends, in great weather with great colors, on great bikes, and we got a great workout in, Bonus!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a blast last Saturday. It was worth being late to the event that night. Thanks for being a great friend!

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home