JOJO's Journey

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Daily Verse and Thought

I have this little Grace for the Moment bible verse and thought calendar sitting on my desk at work and decided today i needed to share it.

Just Like Jesus!

He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. Hebrews 11:6

Diligently- what a great word. Be diligent in your search. Be hungry in your quest, relentless in you pilgrimage...Step away from the puny pursuits of possessions and positions, and seek your King. Don't be satisfied with angles. Don't be content with stars in the sky. Seek him out as the shepherds did. Long for him as Simon did. Worship him as the wise man did. Do as John and Andrew did; ask for his address. Do as Matthew: invite Jesus into your house. Imitate Zacchaeus. Risk whatever it takes to see Christ.

I just thought this was good. I totally need to diligently seek Christ more. I spend way to much time doing the pursuit of life with possessions and positions in mind and not enough just seeking Him. I don't worship enough and I sure don't risk it all for the sake of Christ. I am motivated. I wish i could drop the 41 9th graders I need to teach in 2 minutes and just pick up my bible and read. I feel the urge, and that urge unfortunately has been missing from my life for awhile now. Huh, Gods timing in bringing about the urge sure is funny! Be Diligent my friends!!!!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jojo - I wish I had the time to read all of your blog. I hope that we can make some time real soon to see each other. Monster Mash kept your voicemail for 4 days on the machine (I think he's missing you). He listened to it every day too - too cute!

We love you

1:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the man search update. I gotta say that is quite a list of desirable traits but good to see you are at least a little flexible on some of them. I know I just keep prying away but what about some of the past relationships? What is the longest relationship or the best guy? Inquiring minds wanna know :)!!
Dennis from Texas

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home