JOJO's Journey

Sunday, November 25, 2007

THANKSGIVING....

I totally forgot to take any pics of my thanksgiving spent north with the family. so...words, that's all I've got this time.

Thursday i woke up around 6:30, packed up some stuff, cleaned the house ( i hate leaving for a couple of days with the house messy), showered up, and got in the car and drove north to Mora to hang with the family for thanksgiving. of course, i made a pit stop at caribou for a large hoho mocha...yum!!!!! That afternoon my younger bro (buzz) and his family came over for thanksgiving dinner. we had- turkey, masked potatoes, sweet potatoes, green beans, asparagus, stuffing, gravy (which i cant stand), buns and of course pie for dessert. good eats...always good eats. that afternoon we just hung out for a couple of hours watched some football, played the 'would you rather' game, caught up on life and i got beat up on by my 2 nephews. that night i chilled out bye the TV...and i think i fell asleep on the couch by 10:00.

Friday i got both my nephews for the whole day while Buzz and Jess went out shopping...black Friday, why would anyone do that to themselves?...no way- to stressful! so me and the kids got up extra early to get into the truck with my dad. the boys love riding in the truck- me not so much. it's boring. plus - it was 5:30 in the morning....i am on vacation and still getting up way before the sun. the boys fell asleep in the sleeper, so it was nice to just chat with dad some. he loves driving...and i am glad he loves his job. he just bought out a trucking company in Mora and now co-owns the business with my older brother Chris. they both seem excited to take on the business from Bob. that afternoon Austin (the older of my nephews) took off to go play at his cousins house, and Tyler and i laid down for a long nap- 3 1/2 hours long. it was heavenly. that night we went into town to watch Santa make his way through down town....super boring, but the kids loved it. than i hung out with some friends that night. and than fell asleep to a roaring fire!

Saturday. i finally got to sleep in. til 9:00. packed up my stuff, got into my car and drove to St. Cloud to meet up with some of my best friends from high school. Andrea Sigstad and Katie Kramschuster. Vollie Moye was suppose to show up but her two kids had the flue so she was a no show. anyways- we spent the afternoon chatting and laughing and playing with Andrea's little boy John. I love seeing these ladies. I love that we have been friends for so long. I love that i have no doubt our friendship will carry throughout our lives. That night i got home and didn't feel so good. had a low grade fever so laid on the couch all night. i was lazy.

Sunday- went to church....love my church so much. Pastor Dave has been preaching on the Sermon on the Mount and today he focused in on the 4th one; Blessed are those who hunger and thirst, for they will be filled with righteousness. the gist of it was... to be truly satisfied you need to be constantly hungry for God and for his righteousness. i was highly challenged by what he said and am sure i will have to listen to the message again to take it all in. This afternoon i took Jen and Sara (best friends of mine) through a workout i do with Fawn (my trainer). They seemed tired, and i hope it was a good workout for them. sometimes i think the down play how in shape they are just to make me feel good- but...either way it was fun to take them through a program. good times. now, it's 6:00 on Sunday and i have to sit down and do some grad school work. reading...i love to read.

so in a nut shell that was my thanksgiving. good stuff. so thankful for life. for friends, health, shelter, a good job, family, cute nephews and a niece, a solid church, a awesome small group, my bed warmer, memories, down time, basketball, and many other things......list could go on.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey girl, it was so good to see you and Kate!! Love your blog, I might actually put one together, but we will see! :)
Lots of Love!!

10:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

seriously....SO not down-playing...I am STILL sore, and it is Wednesday night!!!
~ J

11:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is quirky! Phil and I are doing some geneology stuff and I typed in V M name and your blog came up. What at hoot. Love ya.
P and N

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home