JOJO's Journey

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Camping in the back yard

So I remember when I was a kid camping was so much fun. Our faimly use to do a lot of it while I was growing up. Sometimes I miss being a kid. So this past week I headed north to ma and pa's house to spend a couple days and thought I'd bring the tent out and do some camping with my nephews (Matt is in the vikings shirt and Austin in the orange) and my neice (Emma). Kids are so much fun. No matter what you do, they love it. So, dad and I set up the tent in the back yard and the kids and I spent the night in it. We also made a little bon-fire and had smores. No matter how old a person gets smores will always taste great!
I also remember when I was a kid playing tons and tons of flash light tag...so, I taught the kids the rules and we played flash light tag in the dark for hours. It was so much fun! Man, these kids are not afraid of anything....especially the dark. As a 31 year old, sitting in the dark by myself was a little unnerving...not for the kids- they are fearless! Over all it was a great evening spent playing tag, a great night in the tent and a good time for me to remember how much fun my childhood was. I love my nephews and my neice....and man, are they fun! They wore me out big time and upon my return to the cities I took a much needed nap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home