JOJO's Journey

Friday, July 28, 2006

Baby Will - July 22nd

Baby Will is a miracle. I had the honor and pleasure this past Saturday of being a part of Will
Anderson's baptism. Ryan and Darla (Will's parents) asked me to be his God-Mother, which is a complete honor and a big charge. But...more than that, Will's story is so awesome and shows the love and power of God . Will was born 10 1/2 weeks early on March 1st and weighted in at 3lbs 4 oz; he was so tiny and had so many things wrong with him...the main being he had chronic lung disease. He spent the 1st couple months of his life in a incubator with tubes all over his little body. His mom and dad spent day after day lovin on him as best they could through the walls of the incubator. I am so amazed at how they kept life together and how they responed to all the problems the doctors kept bringing them. The power of prayer is so evident in Will. So many things were against him...yet God was for him; and because of God and prayer problem after problem disappeared... even when doctors weren't sure they would disappear! The miracle of it all is this past weekend Will weighted in at 13 lbs 13 oz and is doing awesome. He no longer is hooked up to any tubes and he is a happy baby. I think the doctor even took him off the permi charts! Praise God.
This weekend I got to hold Will for the 1st time and soaked in the feeling of his warm little body, his chubby cheeks, his cute little smile and the way his snuggled into me when he feel asleep. I could do nothing but thank God for protecting his life. I think I was a bit of a baby hog that day but couldn't get enough of him. The charge that Pastor Dave gave me and Craig (the God-Father) this past weekend to help Will see Jesus is a big charge, but one that I am exicited for. I cant wait to see how God moves in Will's life and how he wants to use Craig and I.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home