JOJO's Journey

Friday, July 28, 2006

BLAST FROM THE PAST

So I am not sure if this has ever happened to you
before, but it has happened to me on a couple different occassions. I boared a plane this past Thursday bound for Austin Texas to attend a teacher workshop there. I and my co-worker Darcy sat on the plane and started to chat. After about an hour Darcy got up from her seat and a guy from across the row was smiling at me. I tried to ignore him at first cuz I had no idea what he was doing. Was he flirting with me? Was he just trying to look out the window? What? After what seemed to be minutes, which actually was only seconds; he finally said - 'Your JoAnn Venhuizen right!" "Yes, I am"....and than it dawned on me. Matt Belkholm (did I spell that right?) from high school, he was a good friend and graduated with my older brother Chris. "Oh my goodness...." as I moved over to the isle seat and we began to catch up on life. He looks just like he did in high school, except with a bit more facial hair, being married and having a son. It was great to see him. A definate BLAST FROM THE PAST. Man, I had such a big crush on that guy! (didn't tell ya that on the plane Matt- heehee) He is as nice as I remember him being in high school. We decided that we hadn't seen each other since 1991 - holy buckets- I guess I still look like I did when I was a 1oth grader in high school too. Not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing. Anyways- it's always fun to see people from your past and actaully recognize each other. I hope you had a great time with the in-laws Matt!! IT'S A SMALL WORLD HUH!

1 Comments:

Blogger Annette said...

Jo, What a fun blast from the past! I would love to experience one of those... maybe on the airplane tomorrow! Do you think any of my classmates will be heading to Amsterdam/Prague the same time I am?????

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home