JOJO's Journey

Saturday, July 29, 2006

TruLucks Resturant





So our last night in Austin Texas Darcy and I decided to venture downtown to eat at a nicer resturant called TruLucks; it was awesome! A very fancy pants resturant if you will. Darcy decided on some sort of Lobster and I went with smoked salmon. Both types of seafood was amazing. I also ordered the best side dish I have ever had - sweet potatoe fries; which is an actually sweet potatoe but in the from of a fries and than they are deep fried! Oh my goodness....AWESOME! After our main course the manager, ED; talked us into some carrot cake and coffee. Again - AWESOME. Ed must have liked us a lot cuz he stopped at our table a couple of times to chat and than gave us our carrot cake for free! Nice. Darcy thinks that I was 'working it'; I just think that Ed happened to be a very nice guy. On our way out we stopped in the restrooms and to much of our surprise found mouth wash in the bathroom. A nice touch to a pretty fancy bathroom. Darcy also highly enjoyed the towels. After that we walked the streets of Austin for a spell and than headed back to the hotel. It was a fun evening out on the town. If you ever make a trip to Austin Texas I highly suggest TruLucks downtown on 4th Street. Currently we are packing up our suitcases and getting ready to head back to the airport and back to Minnesota, where I hear is 101. YUCK. All in all it was a good teacher workshop conference, a good time in Austin and a good time getting to know my co-worker better. She is very cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home