JOJO's Journey

Sunday, July 16, 2006

My First Tri-athlon


On Saturday July15th I took part in my first (unoffical) Tri-athlon. I was nervous and a bit leery of my abilities to actually compete. Plus, it was soooo hot; upper 90's! But regardless of the temps we took part anyways! Chad Miller's (one on the left) friend from work does a 'fun' tri-athlon around Turtle Lake in Shoreveiw. So at 9 a.m. we started out on our run (they switched the rotation of events due to the heat). The run (3.2 miles) is by far my weakest event and made me the most nervous, thus I was glad to get it out of the way-took me 35:35! I was looking forward the the swim (1/2 mile) and the bike (10 miles) cuz I seem to be pretty decent at them. So....after I told myself over and over again that I was a 'whimp' and needed to keep going regardless of my body and what it was feeling...I finished the race in 92 minutes and 3 seconds. I am not totally upset with my time, but know that if I was a bit more trained in the running area - I'd finish alot quicker! So, I guess I know what I need to work on before July 30th, which will be my 1st 'offical' TRI. I like the discpline of training for them and I like how hard you have to work and how much you sweat to finish, plus- I really like swimming and biking; so much easier on the knees. The cool part about this TRI was that I got compete with and against Chad and Mike (middle of the picture). Mike is my best friends dad...I have known him since I was five years old. Who would have thought that we'd ever be in a TRI together. Fun times. I also find myself very thankful for my body and what it can do! God gave me a working body...I best take care of it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home