JOJO's Journey

Sunday, March 09, 2008

pride

why is it so hard to swallow your pride? i've been wondering at why a conversation i had with a parent this morning at church has challenged my pride so much and why it annoyed me so, and even sort of hurt my feelings. i've been volunteering in the 3 yr old toddler room at church and love it. the kids bring smiles to my face every time i go...but like any sort of volunteering, at times you wonder why you do it. today's message was about giving, but giving without having any expectations of getting anything in return. it was a good reminder!! and this morning i had to put that thought of giving with out getting into practice. a parent, who was very nice about it, reminded me how important it is as a volunteer to make sure the parent picking up their kid shows their ID card to make sure it matches up with their kids ID card. well, after volunteering for 6 months i know pretty much all my kids and their parents and most don't have a issue with the ID card thing - cuz i know who belongs to who. and if someone different comes to pick up a kid, than of course i check ID cards...well, this parent nicely reminded me i need to check cards all the time. at first it really hurt my pride cuz i feel like i do a great job. so after he left i returned to teaching my lesson on sharing and found myself very distracted by my thoughts. it was a pride thing that i really needed to let go of. who am i???? if a parent wants me to check ID cards- i should appreciate their advice and go with it. but, it took me almost the whole hour to let it go and be ok with his advice and his challenge. my pride got in the way today. and i hate when that happens, and like jen (the speaker at church) said in her message- sometimes ya gotta give even when you get hurt...and ya gotta continue to give even when you know your going to be hurt agian at some point! so i will continue to give to my 3 yr old toddler room and take the advice of a caring parent to heart and move on. goodness....the older i get the easier you'd think these sort of lessons would be to learn, but they aren't.....

its super sunny out, but cold...but i think i am going to hit the pavement and go for a quick walk and clear the head.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wanna go to the State GBB tourney Wednesday nite? Phil will be there.

HT

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Inquiring minds want to know the status of the whole diet/cleansing thing. What was the final tally on weight and are you keeping the regimine up or gone back to the ways of old.
Thanks Joann

9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home