JOJO's Journey

Friday, January 18, 2008

Surrendering my Expectations!

the forecast dude got my hopes up so i had to spend all morning surrendering my expectations. it was suppose to be 80 and sunny all day. and when i woke up man oh man - it was cloudy, rainy and really foggy to. so- all morning i tried to find ways to get myself out of the funk i was in due to the bad weather. i was bummed that i came all this way and the sun was hiding from me. it wouldn't be that bad, but a cold front is coming in and it's only suppose to be in the high 50's tomorrow and Sunday- so....today was suppose to be the sunny day for me! well, after spending 4 hours on the porch listening to the mist hit the leaves on the trees and reading many upon many Psalms and praying that God was change my attitude, i decided that it was time to get out and enjoy the weather regardless. so- i put on my suit with high hopes that I'd be able to take the jeans and sweatshirt i had on off and actually use my suit. i got to the beach and it was still really foggy- the rain had stopped so that was a bonus at least. i eat some fish at a bar that was ocean front and spent an hour just watching the waves. than out of no where the sun decided to poke out of the clouds and show itself. so...i ran to the car (literally), got a chair and towel and hit the beach. of course....(cuz i have bad luck)....by the time i got there the sun was gone again. i was mad and decided I'd sit anyways. put the tunes on and drifted off to sleep. i had taken my sweatshirt off cuz it was warm enough, but left the jeans on. i woke up......and the sun was out and i was hot. so...i got about an hour of good sun. so today turned out to be good....surrendering my expectations was hard and i am sure will be hard as well tomorrow and the next day since a cold front is coming in and the clouds will remain and the warm will drop to mid 50's. yuck. but, i have to remember that it's 50-70 degrees warmer than MN right now, that i am enjoying ocean scented air, that i can walked around in flip flops and read my bible on the porch and... as i look down at my shoulders and arms...i might have even got a little sun burnt today- whoa!!! is that possible with only an hour of actual sun. if so- than today was a great day! here is the close of what my evening with the beach looked like.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home