JOJO's Journey

Sunday, January 20, 2008

33 years ago......

33 years ago, to the day, i was born! so...happy birthday to me. amazing how the time flies. sometimes i wonder how in the world i am really 33 years old when it just seemed like yesterday that i was riding the bus home from school as a elementary kid wondering what it would feel like to be a senior in high school and sit in the back seat on the bus. and than, once a senior- what it would feel like to be a college student and enjoy freedom- and than what it would feel like to be 30 (plus some)...old in other wards!!! man - it's been good.
this morning i sat down to a very chilly patio chair (it was 53, cloudy and windy as all get out here in Florida today) to journal and i decided to make a list. a list of things that i am proud of the past 33 years and than a list of regrets that i have had (or have) thus far in my journey. i am happy to say that my proud list is bigger than my regrets list- but i am not sure i am done thinking yet. to share a few:
proud list: (these are just a few)
i have turned out to be a pretty darn good teacher
i am using my talents
my commitment to Jesus
missions/ministry- the people i have impacted
that i still am a virgin
that i have never been drunk, never done drugs
my family- so proud to be a part of them
my ability to make new cool friends (jen and anna- thats you)
my ability to sustain long friendships (sara, millers, linda, andersons, nik, mandi, chummer, ross's...you get the idea)
my bible study group
tri-althlons
grad school
my coaching career
regrets: (also just a few)
my weight
undisciplined....still, you'd think i'd have learned that already
the way i treat people....sometimes i have a mean streak
that i limit myself with what i want to experience cuz of 'fear'
grad school choice (in school, not to do it)
the way i handle money
my lack of time commitment to God- you'd think i would have learned how to do that as well
stealing- when i was a youngster i use to take suckers from the store down the road from my house (yeah, that was a long time ago...but i still regret it)
that i didn't give 100 % every day in basketball practice
that i didn't listen intently in my bible classes in college
jonathan musser

after a long time journaling- Ashlee woke up and we went to church. that was fun. i always enjoy experiencing new churches. than she took me out to the shrimp dive of a restaurant that had all old people eating there ( i wonder if she was trying to tell me something) for lunch and paid. whoa- how nice was that. than we went our separate ways for the day. she had plans with some friends and i was going to hook up with my high school friend Andrea. she is in town...crazy huh, same vacation spot, same time. so- i did some shopping to waste time while she and her friends returned form a trip to the beach; a very cold trip. than we went to there condo-house thingy and played cards, had some drinks, and watched the packers lose!!!! nice. it was great to see her. i am bummed out that the weather blow- cuz it would have been so fun to play some sand volleyball with her on the beach. next time.

got lots of fun phone calls, tex messages and emails from peeps wishing me the best on my birthday. some highlights were: a phone call from Rich Ross. i miss that kid. he lives in Seattle know and i see him maybe once a year, if i am lucky. it was great to catch up with him. tyler, jen, my niece and nephew left me a signing message, matt,linda and taylor, and a phone call from ma and pa- but i had to remind them!!!! a bunch of tex messages from ben, jay, mandi, nicki, anna and paul, weasel...oh, i cant remember who all tex'd me. it was a good day full of fun wishes and surprises. good times.

man oh man- i am beat. night. sorry no pics. just to lazy to go get my camera out of my bag and upload them. next blog.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww....glad I made "the list"....the good one even!!! :)
love you!!!
~ Jen

2:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home