JOJO's Journey

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Surrendering my Expectations works!

FYI- if you haven't read my last entry on Surrendering my Expectations this one wont make sense.
so yesterday i told you about my struggled with the weather to come this weekend and the cold front the weather dude talked about. i mentioned my attitude and how long it took for me to get over the fact the sun might not shine for me while i was here and how i had to come to terms with that. how i spent yesterday morning reading the word and talking to God about my expectations. well....this is where i spent the afternoon....in this chair.

surrendering my expectations worked. today i woke up (@ 9:30) to clouds. it didn't bug me cuz i had dealt with my sunshine expectations. so instead i sat down with Ashlee and her 2 friends that stayed the night, had some breakfast and started to chat. after about 2 hours of that i walked out onto the patio and noticed sunshine. WHAT!!!! SUNSHINE!!!! where did the clouds and the cold front go. i noticed that the clouds that still were hanging around were breaking up and more and more blue sky was moving in. so- bye 11:00 bells i was in my suit by the pool. i know- not the beach...but i wasn't sure how long the sun was going to be out and wanted to catch as much as i could and didn't want to waste 20 minutes of sun time in the car driving. so- the pool it was. which was great. the pool was heated and the hot tube was extra hot. i got a chance to read most of the morning and into the afternoon. at about 1:30 Ashlee and her friends joined me at the pool. they told me i looked burnt. WHAT???? BURNT- REALLY!!!! i was pumped. i got a solid 3 hours in the sun, and than a couple more hours of some more off and on sun with clouds. it was amazing. perfect in fact. i am a bit sun burnt but am not even going to think of complaining! i am pretty sure something God is teaching me here in the sunny state is to surrender my expectations. i know i have a lot of things i expect- i expect good friends, i expect good things to happened, i expect honesty, i expect that someday Mr. Right will enter my life, i expect things to go my way, i expect health and happiness. and i am learning that expectations sometimes need to be surrender to the one and only- the one in charge and the one that meets those expectations- even if it is as simple as the surrendering my 'sun' issue.

this evening i headed to a basketball game. Ashlee is the head coach of her high school team and i wanted to check out how she coached. she seemed to do well. her team won. it was fun watching Ashlee invest into these young students. it makes me proud. She was a lot of work back in the day when i coached her at NWC....and it was great to watch her grow into the ball player and leader we so wanted to be at NWC...and now she is teaching those things to others. it made me proud. it made me smile. i highly enjoyed Ashlee as one of my players. And i am happy to report that i highly enjoy her as an adult and friend. great to see is passing on things she has learned.



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yep, you DO look a little rosy!!!
Congratulations! I'm glad you're having a good time...and learning something. And Happy Birthday!! :)
~ Jen

11:14 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Jo,

Where is the picture of the pool? It looks familiar but there are thousands of resorts down there. Glad you had a good time!

Jer

3:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute picture!! you are two HOtties!! I hope you have a very memorable birthday, we will need to take you out soon and celebrate!!

Sara

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home