JOJO's Journey

Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Weekend

This might be long.....
Good Friday was the beginning of spring break for me and it was also the beginning of a great weekend. Friday afternoon I ventured in the wet late March snow fall to White Bear Lake to meet, greet, hang, eat and laugh with my friend Nate. He always makes my afternoons so worth it!!! That evening i headed to Open Door's Good Friday service. Which is where this painting was done. The service was fantastic, time spent reflecting on the cross and what Jesus' did - and how he 'finished' it for us. Matt- a friend of mine, attended with me and seemed to enjoy it also. Afterwards we ventured to Champs to catch the end of the UNC game (which wasnt even on cuz they were beating the team so badly) and enjoyed some good food, great convo and of course had some good laughs together.
Saturday, again in the wet snow fall, i headed to jens house for a late brunch cooked by Jay-bird. There i enjoyed great company and some fantastic ball games.

Sunday morning i woke up extra early to hit the sunrise Easter service at Open Door before i headed home to Mora for the day. Easter has always been one of my favorite Holidays. the meaning of it always seems to penetrate my heart. remembering what Jesus did and how he suffered is always hard to do and understand. that i, and you, am worth that sort of sacrifice boggles my mind. And than the power that is displayed when he Arises....so cool. love it! love that Jesus' loves me that much! it's a hard concept to grasp; a concept that i have been thinking on a lot the past couple of days. the family gathering was small this year. My younger bro's family is all in Mexico, my older bro and his son were sick, and most of the cousins were out of town. so- 2
aunts, 2 uncles, 2 cousins and their families, mom, dad and me. it was small- but fun. chatted a lot and drank multiple cups of coffee. good times. of course the kids had to have a Easter egg hunt; which is always fun to see how much joy kids can get out of something so simple.
home and ready to enjoy my week off from work. what am i going to do????


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home