JOJO's Journey

Sunday, January 13, 2008

2008-

man, i haven't blogged in a long long while. sorry about that.

just been busy. most of it has been fun busy. brought in the new year with a random group of fantastic people. we went to boston's restaurant and had some great pizza and than went bowling. we had 22 people there bowling, and it was riot. i brought some prizes for everyone to win when they got a strike. everyone seemed to enjoy it. my team got 2nd place out of 4 teams....ben was a little annoyed we didn't get 1st!as i look back at 2007 i can honestly say that i only drank one can of dr. pepper the whole year and as of January 2nd..i am back on the dr. pepper. i bought a 24 pack and am trying to only drink a can every couple of days...cuz if i let myself i could drink 2-3 cans a day. so...my first can tasted so good!!!! it was cold and perfect. yummy. my other resolutions from 07 were so so accomplished. i have lots more disciple to work on.as i think about 2008 and making some new years resolutions and what i want to focus on this year; i'm thinking about a message i heard that challenged me a couple weeks ago. the message challenged me (us) to focus our resolutions on other people instead of ourselves and to identify areas of life that need to be surrendered and given up to God...Pastor Al also phrased it as 'what do i need to do to prevent any guilt, disappoints, and regrets in 08. One of the things i am going to focus on for sure this year to worry less about life's challenges, stressors and issues and to pray more about them. worry gets me no where- and prayer just might. so it's my resolution- when i feel annoyed and frustrated about 'life'...i am going to worry less and pray more. simple, right???? not so sure. but i am determined to get it done. of course, i have less important resolutions on my list as well...none, of which i need to bore you with.

the past couple of weeks i have been busy with school life. just getting on top of things and trying to pre-plan some stuff. i decided about 2 weeks ago to take a long weekend and take a trip to Fort Myers Florida and i leave Wednesday night and am very excited to take 6 days to myself and just chill on the beach. yes, i am going alone. just me, the sun, the beach, the water, my books, my bible, my sun tan lotion, my ipod, some new tunes to listen to, some much needed naps. i am staying with a Friend- so the trip is gonna be extra cheap. super excited!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home