JOJO's Journey

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

resolutions and strep throat

the past three days have been so frustrating for me. i hate being sick! Monday night i went to bed with a small 99.something fever and a tiny little sore throat. didn't think anything of it and went to bed. woke up at 5:30a.m. and was sicker than a dog. had a 103 fever, a killer sore throat, a head ache that honestly felt like my brain was going to explode. at times like these i really wish i had a roommate, a husband or someone that could have taken me to a emergency room- cuz i would have went if someone was around. but- i was so dizzy and so stinkin hot that i didn't trust myself to drive. so like any other single almost 32 year women- i called mom. she told me take Advil, put a cold washcloth on my forehead and call her back in 1/2 hour to see if my fever went down. fortunately....the (i think 6) Advil i took brought my fever down to 100 and my headache was manageable. that morning i went to the doc's office and found out i had strep throat. never in my life have i had it before....at least what i can remember. IT SUCKS! my fever finally broke and hasn't come back since early this afternoon so that refreshing. my headache comes back if i forget to Advil ever four hours and my throat feels like it sand paper....and let me just say has a whole heck of a lot of white gunk on it. (i know you wanted to know that). my body hurts (mostly my neck) from laying around all day long and i am bored out of my mind. soap opera's are soooo boring!!!! i had to take off today (wed) from work and am pretty sure i will calling in tomorrow as well since my throat is so raw that it hurts to talk....gotta talk when your a teacher. i got outside and took a 15 minute walk and it felt great...but burnt me out. i than took a two hour nap. so...good luck to me falling asleep tonight. so that's been my life that past three days. thus I've had a lot of time to think. which leads me to my resolutions for 2007.
i have found that my life has become very undisciplined in the past year. except for the five months i trained for my tri-athlons this past summer i have been very undisciplined; in all areas of my life. so my resolutions are all in some way related to discipline. the bible talks about it non-stop and the dictionary tells me that it means training to ensure proper behavior; order and control, to be calm and have controlled behavior and also to consciously have control over your lifestyle. so....i need all those things in my life again and am setting 2007 resolutions. you all can keep me accountable. in no particular order my reso's are:
#1 - no more soda (at least til summer time) - oh how i am going to miss Dr. Pepper
#2 - start and stick with weight watchers again; the attainable goal being to lose 25 pds by june. is that possible?
#3- to workout five times a week....which means cardio and lifting
#4 - (maybe the most important one on the list) to read my bible more...and be consistent in that. my friend Sara got a chronological bible and is reading that every day- so maybe i will read my chronological bible along with her. gives you just what you need to read every day so i will finish reading the bible in a year.
#5 - do some research on grad school and start.
#6 - go on some dates. not sure what the word 'some' means...but i am for sure going to meat some dudes this year and so some dating. i am tired of spending weekends by myself.

since it's already January 3rd....i have already broken resolution #3...but will catch up. as for starting weight watchers, no worries there. i have been living on hot water, yogurt and chicken noddle soap- i think I'm good. otherwise all resolutions are currently being upheld. happy 07!

1 Comments:

Blogger The Lefto's said...

STREP SUCKS!! Hope your resolutions go well, and thanks for the challenge/reminder about what's important in life. Dr. Pepper!!

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home