JOJO's Journey

Sunday, November 26, 2006

thankfull?

this thanksgiving was a good one. i actually got to hang out with my mom and dad this year. usually they are out of town at a clogging show with buzz and jess. but - this year the whole gang got together. loved it; good times eating, chatting, laughing, and playing games. cuz it was so nice outside we decided to play a little football game. matt (my nephew) is totally a football nut. he loves it...and he knows so much about the NFL> it's a little scary how much he knows. anyways. i find myself very thankful for many many things, but a couple that i am extra thankful for. #1 being my parents- they are so willing to do so much for me...and they never get tired of it. they spent all weekend with me re-doing my floor in my house and never one time did they complain; unlike me! and they work way more than they have to, and again they never complain; unlike me! and they love me unconditionally. something that i have been challenged with the past months. #2 - i am very thankful for my job. i highly enjoy it and it pays the bills well. #3 - i know i mentioned unconditional love...but i am so thankful that God loves me all the time no matter how much i screa roof over my head and the money to have a home...a nice home; along with the money to fix up my home. i have spent the past three days installing new laminate flooring in my kitchen, dinning room and hallway. it was a frustrating job, a fun job, a hard working job and a 'wow' it looks so good job! i am thankful that i and my parents have the abilities to do home improvements. good times!!! a couple pics of the work we did the past three days. i have the new carpet to do yet, and...i just found out i need to have my furnance replaced, which is a big bummer...but i will role with it.







step 1 - removing carpet













step 2 - put down 1/2 inch ply wood and the layer of fome.












step 3 - laminate floor being laid. it took 2 days!!!











step 3 continued...mom taking a break from the hallway job. it sucked!!!!







step 4 - IT'S DONE>>>>taking it easy for a second or two. (i love you dad and mom...you rock my house!!!!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home