JOJO's Journey

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Hosanna

i love my church; i think i have mentioned that before. the past couple months (maybe even a year or so) i have been stuggling with finding a passion for my walk with Jesus. i think like most people; i am going through a season in my life were i am 'dry'. it's tough...being joyfilled and full of passion for God all the time. also, the past couple of weeks i have had a very heavy heart for some friends of mine that are going through some really yucky (for lack of a better word) stuff. with my lack of passion and the heaviness i have been feeling; i've been very emotional. my freind Jen told me a couple years ago that she never sees me cry...well i feel like this past week thats all i've done. but-no worries, it's been really good. a good crying...a awakening my soul crying! and today at church i honestly felt my heart soften and open to the realness of how much i need God in my life. it's been a long time since i have felt that! most of the time i feel it when Pastor Dave says something profound that speaks life and truth right into my heart. today it was a song. i enjoy music and i enjoy singing along- but today...i found myself overwhelmed by a song that was totally speaking life and quenching a thirst i have had for a long time. i'd like to share the chorse with you.
"Hosanna Hosanna
You are the God that saves us
You are worthy of all praises
Hosanna Hosanna
Come have your way amoung us
We welcome you here with us"
i know it would be better if i could include the whole song along with the music...but....anyways.
the main thing that spoke to me was the pharse- 'God save us'. No matter what i do, no matter how much i do life on my own, no matter what sin i am stuggling with or what i am trying to over come, or how far away i get from God- HE still saves me! that simple pharse brought instant tears to my eyes. i really want to have passion for the ONE and only person that will take the real me...the good, the bad and the ugly.
the second pharse is 'have your way amoung us (me).' I think praying that during the song allowed me to release some of the heaviness i have felt the past week. i want to 'make things better' for my friends (and myself) that are struggling and i cant. i NEED to remember that God is the one that needs to have his way amoung me and those i love the most! it was a good song- one that i think has brought a bit of water to a really dry land.

on a complete different note. i got to hang out with my God-son today- Will. He is soooo cute. he and i hung out while his ma and pa went christmas shopping! we played, we took a nap, we ate (ok he ate), and i drank up his spirit. there is something intoxicating about babies. i really want one. - (Gods timing- right!) i also got to enjoy dinner at my house with Will, his parents, Emma (his sister - who is also my God-daughter), Chummer (who is Will and Emma's God-father), and Keith, Allison and Clara (who are Wills aunt, uncle and cousin). ordered out some applesbee's and hung out on my living room floor! it was great- gotta love good friends. sorry no pictures! i left my camera at school- whoops. next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home