JOJO's Journey

Monday, September 04, 2006

apples to apples

so today was a good day. started off worshipping at church. i love my church. every first weekend of the month my church spends time reflecting the cross and the table - thus we take and enter into communion. after chruch i spent the afternoon cleaning and cooking. someday i'm gonna make a man a darn good wife. i love cooking, espcially for other people. for some weird reason it's a relaxing thing for me. i also really like to clean- ok, not all the time....but again, for some odd reason i find it relaxing and it has a calming effect on me. plus, doing those two things while it's raining out; with a bit of thunder mixed in makes it a perfect afternoon to cook, clean and relax.
i was getting ready for some of the girls basketball players to come over for some food, fun and fellowship. we snacked while we laughed at some of shelbys stories- man oh man is that girl a hoot. the fun part (besides the story telling) was playing apples to apples. i have never played before, thus got my butt kicked by college girls. but it was fun and a pretty easy game to play. those girls always bring joy into my life; i am very thankful they find me cool enough to spend a sunday evening with!!!!! thanks kids!
one more day of freedom before i start up my school year! i am excited, nervous and ready to tackle life in my school building. "cant steal my joy!" is my personnal school year theme....and i am pretty sure i am going to put it to use.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home