JOJO's Journey

Friday, November 20, 2009

face book is killing my blog- i am so sorry....i have seem to lost time to blog.

but- here i sit at work on a Friday with NOTHING to do (yeah- that never happens) and thought i'd blog a little. not sure about what...but i think i can come up with something.

since my last blog life hasn't really changed that much; well except that i am busier! basketball season is here (and has been for the past 5 weeks). Every time I resume coaching I get excited about it. I really do enjoy it. but this year i've felt 'pressed down' hard with some things. I've realized (and not just cuz of ball stuff) that life is really tough! And i dont think that realization has come because of my own struggles. I've been a witness to lots of 'tough' stuff that young peeps (and not just my ball players either) have to endure. I remember growing up; i remember being a college kid....and i dont EVER remember struggling with 'life' like some are. It's hard!!! i know from teaching junior highers and seeing their lives daily...that struggling is only going to get worse for the up coming generation. (just found out a 12 year old in my building is prego...yeah- thats what i call tough stuff) I've spent many hours the past couple of months (again- i am NOT just referencing that ball team here) counseling... and i feel very inadequate. I am not a counselor! I am reminded how important it is to be centered....and not just in dealing with life, but being centered in God. Most of the struggles that i have been a witness to has taken me to my knees!!! I am sooooo glad that I have the throne of God to turn to. yeah- it's hard....and emotionally draining! and it does 'press me down', but i am glad that i am in 'this' place of life. I am glad that the young people i am around have someone to turn to. it's hard. and i do feel inadequate, but it also makes me feel like i am worth something and that maybe, just maybe, i am making a difference. so that is where life has been for me the past couple of months.

I am sorry to say that i have zero updates on 'men'. anonymous reader... i did have coffee with Lance Dalbey last weekend and it was nice! still just really good friends, sorry to disappoint you! I've been hit on a couple times by some very random guys (one of which was 5'2). i've been told by many peeps that they cant believe i am still single. and i have about 3 girls on the ball team that are arranging blind-dates...or so they say they are! so....maybe next time i'll have some juicy updates. but for now-.... life is what life is.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Please don't feel inadequate!! You cannot take away these young peoples struggles. I am sure it makes a much bigger difference to them that you care . More than they show or will want to let you know. Just caring for a kid and LETTING them know is huge for them. So, please don't feel inadequate. You teach for a reason, happy moments and not so happy ones. You are a blessing to those kids.

6:53 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

just for the record... that was not isaacs comment. it is me, Kizzy . Isaacs account was the one signed in

6:54 AM  
Blogger JoAnn Venhuizen said...

thanks Kizzy....you are a blessing!

4:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was supposed to be your year for love JoAnn!!! You still have time though. Isn't Lance still single?

9:04 PM  
Blogger JoAnn Venhuizen said...

i've given up on love, just like i've given on figuring out who the heck you are.

10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Given up on love??? What the heck?? You still gotta go for it JoAnn. I say get Lance to commit for once and call it a life. Good to see you have given up on finding out who I am.

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home