JOJO's Journey

Friday, June 12, 2009

Summer has started, although I do not feel like the weather is proving it IS summer. I've been waiting for the sun to come out so I could enjoy planting flowers IN THE SUN and finally gave up on waiting. Today I stopped at Fleet Farm (my favorite place to shop) and got $80 worth of flowers. I spent more money that I should have, but couldn't pass up the super pretty ones! I got home and planted them in the flower planter that mom made for me last year. I will enjoy my morning cups of coffee and reading time out on my swing chairs now since there are pretty flowers to make the scenery better. I just hope that I did a good job and they actually survive. I also planted two tomato plants with hopes that they will actually produce tomatoes. Nice, right? Here is what my $80 bucks and 1.5 hours of my time produced! Kizzy...I know I don't have a garden like you, but...it will have to do.

this is my favorite one flower, the red one.

this is my 2nd favorite one. it's in a hanging bucket and has bright yellow, orange and reddish colors...some of the flowers have mixed colors on them...its pretty cool. it was my most expensive purchase.

I hope these flowers survive...I sort of ran out of dirt. I need to buy another bag.

I love freshly picked tomatoes. When I was a kid I would eat them like an apple. I hope to do that again.

1 Comments:

Blogger jen said...

Wow, Jo! Those are some beautiful plants! I like to sit by my flower garden and spend time with God, too. It is so peaceful!
Enjoy!
Jen Miller

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home