JOJO's Journey

Tuesday, September 01, 2009

The Applause of Heaven

Create in me a pure heart, God, and make my spirit right again.
Psalm 51:10
We are thirsty. Not thirsty for fame, possessions, passion, or romance. We've drunk from those pools. They are salt water in a desert. They don't quench- they kill. 'Blessed are those who hunger and thrust for righteousness..." Righteousness....That's what we are thirsty for. We're thirsty for a clean conscience. We crave a clean slate.... We pray for a hand that will enter the dark cavern of our world and do for us the one thing we can't do for ourselves- make us right again!
This was my September 1 verse and thought for the day (it's a little calendar i have sitting by my desk at school)...and it's been in my head all day! I am thirsty for a clean slate. I am thirsty for something the world can't give me. I can't wait for the 'hand' of Christ to come and do His thing in me. I can't do it alone. Create in me oh God....
This year at school I've vowed to keep the drama away. Of course, you can't work in a junior high school and not have drama. i expect drama from my students. But...i hate drama driven by adults. I've vowed I will NOT HAVE IT THIS YEAR. so...God is going to create in me a clean heart, a pure heart...a new slate. I can feel it! I am taking NO DRAMA from the past with me into this year. I am THIRSTY for something different, that is for sure!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Jen Miller said...

What a great reminder for all of us. All the chasing we do, day after day for the things we think we NEED, when all the timeit is Him and His righteousness. Great thought to share,Jo.

5:39 PM  
Blogger Jen Tonneson said...

I like that...I think I want your little calendar deal-ey...where did you get it?

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home