JOJO's Journey

Monday, June 15, 2009

summer motto

DISCIPLINE SATISFIES: That's my summer motto. It's written on my chalk board hanging in my kitchen, it's written on a note card and taped to my bathroom mirror, and it is placed in strategic places where I will see it and be reminded of how I want, and maybe more than that, need discipline in my life! Please drop me a note any time and check in on how it's going.
Here are the main things I am going to concentrate on:
1. 6:30 a.m. wake up call, with some sort of easy type of exercise. a walk, a short jog, a bike ride...something to get me up and out of the house.
2. thereafter...I am hoping to spend at least an hour reading the BIBLE; outside, over breakfast...on my swing chair with my newly planted flowers. (I did it this morning and it was great. I sort of just got lost in it and spent 3+hours out there)
3. Hit the gym everyday for a hard workout!
4. RECORD RECORD RECORD. I've sort of fallen off the weight watchers band wagon and I am going to start back at it it again...religiously! I've not gained anything back, but haven't lost the last 20 thats waiting.
5. NO CARIBOU- I know, what am I doing to myself, Right? Here's the deal with that one. I can have caribou if I am meeting a friend for coffee, or if someone else wants to buy it for me, or if i brew it myself at home. I just think I need to sort of back off my caribou intake. It's daily, and thats a little much! so- discipline, in this case may not satisfy me, but it sure will satisfy the pocket book. right?
there ya have it! DISCIPLINE SATISFIES! or so we will see!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what about finding a man or calling Lance??????????????? This is the summer that stuff needs to take place!

8:51 AM  
Blogger JoAnn Venhuizen said...

who are you?

5:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mom, dad, friend, schoolmate, student... does it really matter? Let's just get this manhunt taken care of!

9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home