JOJO's Journey

Thursday, May 07, 2009

Thursday Nights are back again!

i realized something today that made me really smile. i opened my back pack and removed this maroon Concordia folder that has been in my bag for 2 years. it is full of random papers with a bunch of pass words written on the side of it. it has syllabus after syllabus in it and finally i took it out of my back pack NEVER TO BE PUT BACK IN IT. i also realized tonight that for the first time in 2 years i have my Thursday nights free again. seriously, i was so excited to do nothing and everything all at the same time. but instead i had to show up to a new student orientation for school. so, next week i will get to enjoy my first Thursday night off in a super long time. it made me smile a lot to remove my folder. I've been working on my capstone paper the past month and it really hasn't hit me yet the i am finished with my master program... A PAY RAISE IS MY NEAR FUTURE. i am proud to say that i finished it. i am proud to say that i did really well, overall. HONORS STUDENT EVEN (well that is pending my the out come of my capstone paper) but i had to admit this past class writing this paper has taken every single ounce of life right out of me. the past three days I've been fighting something... went to urgent care yesterday and the doc told me that i am fine...clean bill of health. but i CANT seem to stay awake. yesterday i fell asleep in the shower, than in class with students watching me, left work early and slept for a total of 18 hours straight. yeah. i woke up today and felt way better. actually had energy to teach; and teach well. but, i got home today and took a 2 hour nap. and i am guessing the way i feel i will go to bed soon (and it's 8:30). anyways- this master program has been very intense. hard and a ton of work. but - I DID IT! I AM DONE. SUPER COOL, RIGHT? I walk next Saturday the 16th and am excited to celebrate it. today i realized that i really appreciate Thursday nights. and man oh man am i going to enjoy having them back again. sweet; right????

2 Comments:

Blogger jen said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

2:02 PM  
Blogger jen said...

Congrats Jo! I am so happy for you! I know this has been a LOOONG time coming! And I hope that you get some energy back soon!
Love ya!
Jen and the millers
PS sorry that was me that left a comment and deleted it...i decided that you know at least a few jens now so I better let you know which one I am!

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home