JOJO's Journey

Monday, April 27, 2009

random thoughts



it's been a long time since i've blogged and it is simply cuz i have NO TIME. i've been forcing myself to sit in front of my computer to work on my capstone paper for grad school. let me fill you in. while in Florida on vacation i decided it'd be super smart of me to lose my zip drive that had my paper on it. yes, yes, yes...i know, why didnt i save it onto my hard drive on my computer? about five days before i left for Florida my computer contracted a virus...a bad one. one that cost me $150 big ones to fix. (thanks andrew) so, since the virus i got in the habit of just saving my paper information to my zip drive so it didnt contract a virus like all my other documents. anyways- to make along boring story short...i lost my paper. thus, 2 weeks ago i started over. this Thursday my paper is due. thankfully my professor give me a 2 week extension, but that still doenst make the job any easier. almost every minute of my day is used up doing 1 of 4 things: working, writing and correcting, working out, and than on occasion i find time to do normal everyday sort of things like eat, sleep, shower, clean my house, make a phone call, see my friends and of course....blog! tonight is one of the very few and fleeting moments.
besides being insane: life is life! i hate that it's april 27th and it's 40 degrees out. i cant stand that i have friends that i haven't seen in more than a month. i love that my arms hurt right now...i started a new arm workout and it's kicking my butt...i mean- it kicking my ARMS! i wish that i had 2-3 hours more in a day so that i could do all the things i think about doing, like writing some thank you cards! my students are going nuts...they hate being cooped up in a gym. and if we have to spend any more days inside because of cold weather, i might go completely nuts. i wanna go back to Florida with the girls and forget that my month of may is booked solid. oh, i took a part time job. yeah, life isn't busy enough for me!!! i decided i needed more things to do. i will be the front desk lady at my athletic club (Golds gym) and will be working the 5 -11 a.m. shift. awesome. it will be fantastic for summer. but now- it's super bogus! this Thursday is the last class of grad school. i cant wait!!!! i can smell the pay raise. Saturday i got to spend the morning with my super good friends andrea, kate and vollie (from high school). katie is pregnant and so cute. we cooked up some yummy brunch like food and than went for a super long walk around the lake. i needed that down time with them. the Guatemala missions trip is only 19 days away. man, time flies. the girls are excited. so i am. i just hope we can get prepared and ready so we can do God justice over there. oh yes....i am still on weight watchers but took a month off cuz i swore the last time i was there. sort of decided it was controlling me a little to much and needed a break from it. i will start up again next week. i am almost sure i haven't lost any weight, but also feel like i haven't gained...so thats good. my friend mandi was in town on Friday. we hit psycho suzy's in NE and had a riot. our bill was almost $400 big ones. we met a very random fellow named joe who sort of hit on us all. it was hilarious; his girlfriend was really pisssed. mandi looks fantastic and i love seeing her. but i am mad at her hubby sunil...he seems to think i am a lesbian, but i think he is sort of kidding - but regardless it mad me sad! Saturday night we had the basketball banquet. it was good to talk about ball and see all the girls fancy. krissie is done coaching and i am sad about that too. she will be very missed!!! sunday i got to see Chummer...love that guy. he is one of those friends i wish i had more time to spend with. today i cooked up a great steak and sat down and watched Dancing with the Stars. i want either the bull rider guy (ty) or the country singer (chuck) to win. first night in a very long time that i didnt work on my paper all night long.
ok- is that enough random thoughts? here are some random pics from the past couple of weeks of jo jos journey. sweet.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is the worst picture of your sister-in-law i have ever seen.....it is horrible...also, you and Lance had a date lately?

9:32 PM  
Blogger JoAnn Venhuizen said...

anonymous....
first of all, which sister in law. cuz i sort of will take offense to you referring either of their picture as bad. back off!!!

and second. until you tell who the heck you are i plan on blocking you. and if you must know- i did see lance the other night. we hung out a friends hours for a couple hours and it was delightful. but no....dates with him are very unlikely. he is out of my league. again- fyi....sign your name of i block all anonymous readers!

10:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am talking about your sister-in-law with the wacked hair....the red head one! I think she is such a great person, just think it is the worst picture I have ever seen of her! Its ok.....she would agree with me, I am sure!

Come on...have a sense of humor....Lance is great...and there is more than just me that think you two would be great! You crack me up!

I will give you a clue as to who I am....I have seen and talked with you in Mora and this is the first time I myself have said anything about the hot man himself, Lance!

Good Luck

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home