JOJO's Journey

Monday, March 09, 2009

a brand new bunch

today i got a brand new bunch of 7th graders and coudnt be happier. the last batch was horrible; hell on earth horrible. i've hated my job for the past 11 weeks, and i never hate my job. i have bad days, even bad weeks in a row before- but never have i ever expereinced the 7th graders that i just got done with. so bad- unexplainable bad- scare the crap out of me bad. yeah- so i was so happy to get a new batch! these youngsters seem amazing, perfect even. of course, they arent. and of course i'll still have my bad days and my bad weeks- but i am so looking forward to enjoying my job again. today was a day of introductions and rules...i think i smiled all day long cuz these kids actually listened all day long. i contined to smile as the day ended. smiling has been a lost art for me- and it felt incridable to do it today. i am so excited to wake up tomorrow and actually look forward to work. agian- it's been a long 11 weeks. so glad that i get new students every 12 weeks. NICE>

basketball ended this past Saturday in Chicago. it was a tough game...and we almost pulled it out towards the end, but came up short. we played very average, but had fun doing it. taking the team to Chicago is always fun! we hung/shopped on Michigan Ave for a couple hours, and i spent way to much money at Nike Town. I got some North Carolina t-shirts so i can be a solid supporter...go Heels!!! and i got a new pair of tennis shoes, to no ones surprise. yeah- i really didn't need a new pair, but i got a pair anyway. they are my new running shoes and will be for a couple months. I've decided to just wear them when i am working out. anyways- basketball is over. sad of course to say goodbye to the seniors and to our season, but i am still preparing to take some of the team on a missions trip in a couple months so will stay in contact with most of the players, which is nice. (quick plug, if you want to support my missions trip let me know... i need supports- thanks!)

i have to admit that it will be nice to have my afternoons to myself again and will be able to focus a little more on me again. today after school i got a really good 1 1/2 workout in, instead of getting a short 30 minutes in. i loved it! looking forward to doing more of that again.

other than that i am just really glad to have a new batch of 7th graders...yes!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, where are you going on the mission trip? Ukraine by any chance? ;)

Oksana

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home