JOJO's Journey

Monday, November 24, 2008

attitude is renewed.

for those of you that read my last blog will be glad to hear that my attitude has taken a turn for the better and my thoughts are back on the right path; or are at least headed in the right direction. thanks for those of you that commented on my blog, via email ( i love you Judy B....you are a rock!), via phone calls, or in person (Jen Miller....you are solid and i couldn't ask for a better friend!)...thank you! i am very thankful to have friends that stand by and do the hard part of life with me. of course, doing the easy part of life is just that -EASY...- but true friends stick with it when life is hard! so thanks-

I am super excited to tell you all that this past week i lost 5.4 lbs. YES!!!! i have finally attained my 25+ weight lose goal and couldn't be prouder of myself. It was so fun to step on the scale Saturday morning and have Cindy (the lady behind the counter) say "OH MY GOODNESS, you lost 5.4 lbs and have surpassed your 25 lb goal." i was sort of astonished at first. But than was just happy. I feel great. I am doing this weight lose thing for one reason and one reason only....FOR ME! and i feel great physcially and it has been a much needed confidence booster. of course, getting complimented is always nice and i got lots of those this weekend, which only added to how proud i am! chessey?- maybe; but i don't care. This week will be a challenge. Thanksgiving food is crammed packed full of points. but I am determined to enjoy the food provided, but am also determined that i will NOT over due it and will not gain back any of my 28.8 current weight lose. i've also decided that running is way easier the lighter i get...it's been super good on the old knees!!!! i have a goal in mind in how much i want to lose total...but will take it in small steps. so my next big goal is to lose 35 so i can go jeans shopping!!!!! i need new jeans bad. Jen Kendrick can attest to that when she came to visit the other weekend: i stood up and my pants fell off!!! whoops!!!! so- 35 lbs = new jeans!!! sweet!


best of wishes to you all and have a super duper happy thanksgiving. be safe.

7 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

nice work, JoAnn...coffee date was fantastic on Saturday!
And yes...new jeans will be good...I think you better not wear that one pair anymore... :)

3:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Next step - a man!!! Be Aggressive Girlfriend!!!!!!!

7:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's awesome!! Have a great Thanksgiving and say hi to the family for me!!
Andrea

3:31 PM  
Blogger Annette ParĂ© Photography said...

You Rock.

4:12 PM  
Blogger Erin LaRayne Agosto said...

Glad to see you happy again! Enjoy today! =-)

1:42 PM  
Blogger Rajan Family said...

Dude, will you start taking pics of your progress! You couldn become the poster child for the "Points" System! You are amazing, I wish I had a quarter of your will power! Keep going beautiful, you can do it! Love you tons!
M

1:12 PM  
Blogger The Schreiner's said...

way to go JoJo! That is awesome!
love you!

7:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home