JOJO's Journey

Monday, January 19, 2009

day off....

today is a holiday- Martin Luther King Day- a no work day!!!! but for me it's more than that. today is 'JoAnn's Day'. The day before my birthday. last year at this time i was here.....

in sunny Florida. i went for 6 days..it was fantastic. i just got done reading all my blog entries that i posted while there. i remember spending a lot of time surrounding my expectations, finding solitude, reading my bible, journaling, getting a tan, and hanging with Ashlee. It was great. a super fun trip. This year since i am coaching basketball again a vacation alone is not a possibility. But...today since it's a holiday i treated myself to 2 things i highly enjoy! a hour at caribou- ALONE- reading my bible and drinking coffee; by the fire! it was quiet (except for the dude talking really loudly on his phone) and warm. After that i headed over to Simonsons to get my hour long massage. i don't do these very often cuz they are spendy...but i love them! Gabe, who did the massage- was fantastic! i was a little nervous about a guy doing the massage, but it was great. he knew just how hard to push on those tiny little knots that seem to make there way deep into my shoulders. it was very relaxing. so worth my money! i wasn't as uncomfortable as i thought i would be in a room with a dude with only my underwear on, with dim lights and soft music playing...yikes! the rest of my day off entails basketball practice and than an evening on the town with Joe. He is a good friend from college who frequently likes to take me out. He is super nice and i am excited to spend the evening out! nothing major...just dinner, drinks, and conversation. but regardless...it will be a good time. sweet-

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

JoAnn, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I tried to call you on your cell,but no one picked up, so I left a message. I hope I had the right number... Anyways, just wanted to say "i love you! i am so glad you were born. hope you're having a fabulous day!" oksana

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home