JOJO's Journey

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

scrooge?

i had it in my head about a week ago that i wasnt going to put up a tree this year and or decorate my house; just wasnt in the mood. mostly cuz i am never home to enjoy the smell of a tree and or the sight of my decorations, but also cuz i sold my fake tree on my garage sale last summer and i didnt want to buy a new one...and or get a real one. but- Sunday i got a itch to buy a tree and decorate. so i did!!!!!!
Jen came over Sunday evening and helped me figure out how to use the stupid tree stand. i had no idea how since Matt put my tree up last year. anyways- i called Matt two times to try and figure it out and finally my dad told me how to jimmy rig it. so the tree is up and looks great! here are a couple of my favorite tree ornaments. the snow man is from my niece Emma, she made it for me a couple years ago. and the other one is from a student of mine that i taught when i worked in Elk River about 10 years ago. I love it. That same student gave me an angel bulb that must have fell of the tree this morning and was broken when i got up....i was sad!
Monday i got more into the Christmas spirit by going to a 3-D Christmas play at my friend Anna's church. she and her parents were in it. it was cute and funny and got me more in the Christmas mood. good stuff!!!! here is Jay, Jen and i in our 3-D glasses. nice! otherwise, life has been pretty busy for me, thus the lack of blogging. coaching is going ok. we cant seem to win any games, so thats frustrating. teaching is fine. started Trimester 2 a week ago and am ready for new students; already. i have a class of 38 7th graders that are going to challenge my every single nerve for the next 12 weeks! grad school is almost over and i cant wait. i actually should be working on a 3 page paper right now, but choose to 'play' instead. i am so burnt out. church is good. friends are good. family is good. God is good. sweet.





2 Comments:

Blogger Paulette's Postings said...

Joannie, I am glad that you have gotten a little Christmas Spirit...it only comes once a year and it would be a shame to let it pass by without a few warm fuzzy's! You are a sweetheart...take some time for YOU! And most of all...and I know you know this...take some time to really enjoy the blessing of the real reason for the season...the celebration, THE CELEBRATION of the birth of Our Savior!! Love you sweetie! Your Auntie Paulette

7:22 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

our glasses are hot!!!

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home