JOJO's Journey

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

1-20-1975

this isn't the best picture of my birthday cake that my bible study group (Anna) made for me this evening. it was fantastic. we (5 of us) ate the whole thing. i think i had 3 servings....it was so good. Jen orchestrated a stupendous dinner as well..... this is my awesome group (minus Justin who came after the prep was done, and Aaron who was absent) cooking up a storm. fresh steamed broccoli and cauliflower, sweet potato fries, and 2 small chickens were served. we all sat at the table like a family, ate, and enjoyed each others company...and the food. it was the perfect way to spend my birthday. with good, solid, fun, lovin friends. after i ate more food than i think I've consumed in the past week combined we sat down to do our bible study. after study we dived into dessert.
Jen and Anna, my 2 all time favorite girls, got me a little gift that i am super pumped to use. a gift certificate to the Buckle. since I've still been losing weight they thought it'd be fun to hook me up with some new jeans. so fun. i just got 2 new pairs about 2 weeks ago cuz my current ones were falling off my body. so...i am going to wait til i lose 6 more lbs (which will = a total of 40) and than go spend my birthday gift. love that Jen and Anna are so aware of my goals with weight lose and celebrated my birthday acknowledging that. they also made most of the food with weight watchers in mind...love that!some of the other super fun things that happened today were:
-i got lots of fun texts messages, voice messages and emails from friends
-i also had 4 signing birthday messages on my phone after work. I've listened to them like 5 times already...they are so cute.
-got a caribou card from Sara....sweet! and i got a free drink this morning from caribou...so i was there two times today. hope i can fall asleep tonight.
-got lots of happy wishes from my students.
-got some brand new fun socks from Krissie
-a grapefruit, my favorite fruit of all, from the ball team

i have nothing to complain about, except that i am 34 years old...yikes, that's old!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

it's amazing there are THREE of us in that tiny kitchen!! I can't wait to have a bigger kitchen...then maybe I'll make the chicken myself!! :)

9:43 AM  
Blogger Rajan Family said...

I am a horrible friend and forgot your birthday. All day on Tuesday I kept thinking to myself, "I know today is someone's birthday, but no one came to mind." New York makes me lose my memory. I'm glad you have responsible friends with calendars. I love you still and you are a damn hot old lady!! :)
xoxo
Mandi

3:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Didn't you get a super fun phone call from your neice and nephews?

5:45 PM  
Blogger JoAnn Venhuizen said...

yes i did get a super fun phone message from my neice and nephews...why? who is asking? sign your name! they sang to me and than told me one at a time that they loved me...i needed that. sometimes hearing you are loved form little kids is the perfect medicine for a old heart. i listen to it almost every day!

10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home