JOJO's Journey

Thursday, October 16, 2008

what to say....

i have so many things i could blog about. funny how there are times in life when i barely have anything going on and nothing to share, and than bam....all of the sudden, i could write 2 blogs every day cuz so much is happening. the main reason i haven't had time to share my thoughts is cuz of this ...see picture of table- yeah, my table is 'messed' with a project for grad school that has been consuming my time, energy and mind. i actually took the day off from work on Tuesday to get some of it done. This is what life has mainly been for me for the past 2 weeks. but...TONIGHT AT 4:30 THAT ALL CHANGES. no matter what is left unfinished the project will be handed in- done! no more thinking, writing, or pulling my hair out....done-done-done. cuz it's MEA weekend, i am actually sitting in that chair right now doing last minute touch ups and of course 'putting off' one last assignment. but it is only 9a.m., so i have some time. Also on Tuesday i had 2 fantastic men come over and help me move the old out so the new can come in. Jay-bird and scoobs (Justin) came over quick like to take my old couch and chair out. so since Tuesday afternoon i've had NO furniture in my living room, which is good cuz than i go right to the CHAIR in my kitchen and work on my project - no temptation to watch TV. anyways; my old blue couch...i was thinking about that couch as the guys lifted, turned and wiggled it out of the house. that couch is 20+ yrs old. it was in my parents basement and used and abused by me, my brothers and all our visitors from 1984-1995. from my parents basement it went to my first apartment while i was in college and got abused by me, my roommates and their boyfriends. yeah- never my boyfriends!!!! after 2 years of that it went back to VenhuizenVille to spend a short lived year in my older brothers basement. but it missed me to much and came back when i moved to an apartment in Elk River. here it stayed for another 2 years and was abused mostly by my students that came over to watch movies and eat my food. nice! than- it moved to Fridley. i, and 3 other girls, rented a town house together...but low and behold the couch would not fit in the living room, so off it went back to ma and pas house. it stayed there for a spell....3 years i think. but, than i moved AGAIN...this time to my current home in Brooklyn Park where i have lived for almost 4 years....thus the old blue couch has had a very lively life. from 1984-2008: i'd say it's time for retirement! the cushions dont stay on it anymore, the bottom of it is falling out and it has many stains. but...i am sad! it has been a fantastic couch. super comfy- one of the best places in the world to take a nap. anyways...if you want this beauty, you can sure have it. it is currently in my garage...i am sure it's sad, and cold!!! :)
HOLY BUCKETS THE NEW COUCHES ARE HERE. and man do they take up a lot of space! but i LOVE THEM. sorry blue couch.

the last thing that i have been wanting to share is about basketball - of course! i decided after taking a year off (last year), which was heaven...that i missed it to much and am currently back in the saddle coaching. We had our first practice yesterday and it was good. it was familiar. and it was fun to be back with Linda and Krissie. I missed them! and the girls are super on fire to play hard core ball...which makes coaching so fun. of course, i am very worried about what life is going to look like for me the next 5 month. balance is going to be the key. i dont want to give up my on workout schedule and or my the relationships i have formed in the past year, but have so many things going on: teaching full time, grad school, coaching, church, workouts, social life: come on- where does the list end? ...so it will be a balancing act for sure. i was dreading it (practice) a little the beginning of this week, but am no longer. yesterday was fun. and i am pumped to do it daily. the bummer is that i have grad class every Thursday night and will miss practice every week...but, i guess thats the balancing act i was referencing, right? Linda did devo's last night and i was challenged- i missed being challenged by her! maybe i will share what she challenged me with in a different blog, this one is getting way to long.

out-

2 Comments:

Blogger The Lefto's said...

So when do we get to see the new furniture???? Huh? HUH???

9:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh how sad, the blue couch is gone. It had a good life!

Heather

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home