JOJO's Journey

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

2nd day....

my first 2 days of school have been memorable...here is why?
*getting up at 5:30 is way different than getting up at 6:00. i will have to get use to it, but i think i like it so far
*ending my school day at 2:00 is way different than ending it at 2:40. i like it!
*one of my lovely 12 year old students told me they thought i looked like a student and were confused when they walked into health class and realized i was their teacher- wow....
*i eat lunch at 10:25, so am pretty much starving by dinner time.
*my legs are not in teaching/standing shape, and my feet hurt
*some of my returning students noticed that i no longer have brown hair and am a (semi-)blond again...they all seem to like it. (not that i am here to get the attention of junior high kids)
*this is my 7th year of teaching in the same building and things are constantly changing
*a student i have 7th hour told me today that i am by far the coolest teacher ever cuz i allow gum chewing in my classroom...the simply things in life, right???
*we assigned lockers in the girl locker room today and one 8th grade girl put her lock on her locker and forgot to take her combo out of her pants pocket first...thus, we had to cut her lock off- on the first day of school. seriously.
*i have a sore throat from talking so much. rules-rules-rules, and more rules.
*a 9th grader came up to me today and said 'hey, i think you got shorter.' my response was 'ummm-'
*i smiled pretty for my school picture. (stay tuned...it will be posted in a couple weeks.)
*i have a class with 43 7th graders....yikes!
*i had a student fall asleep in class...the 2nd day; i must be super boring! and she didn't like it when i dropped my clipboard on her desk to wake her up (that got lots of laughs...)
*i used you tube today to introduce my lesson...what has education come to?
*i realized (after a much needed relaxing summer) that i love my job and i love that God has given me passion, excitement and joy to influence youngsters. sweet.
*my bed time is 9:00....can you say old timer!!!!!!!

that pretty much sums it up. good times at NVJH.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home