JOJO's Journey

Saturday, September 13, 2008

LAST WEEKEND.

sorry- i've been a slacker at blogging.
last weekend i attending Lisa Thompson's wedding. Lisa, and Sara (her twin),were some students of mine way back when...my first teaching job, at Alliance Christian Academy. They were sophomores my first year there and they sort of became a part of my life. They both spent multiple evenings at my house- they were sort of live in roommates that never paid rent and always ate my food. nice huh. well- their senior year (which was my last year teaching at Alliance) they decided i needed to take them on a trip. so - we did. i convinced my mom to come so we could use the truck, we packed up our bags, got permission form the parents ( i guess they trusted me enough) and headed to Florida over our spring break. We also took Becky with us -who at the time had never been out of the state. nice. this is us- back in 2000, or maybe it was 1999.
from left to right. lisa, me, sara, becky. ( do twins always dress the same????)
well- Sara ended up marring my cousin James- it's a long story, so i see her often. it's sort of still funny to me that she has the same last name as me. and i think i taught her sex ed...weird, weird, weird. anyways- Lisa looked great and it was fun to see all of my students from way back when. Lisa's mom, who lives in Seattle and i think i met 3-4 times total, remembered who i was. that made me feel great- i guess i made a lasting impression, which i think is good. anyways- this is us last weekend... have we changed any?
from left to right. melinda, me, sara, lisa, karla (she also was a teacher) becky and stephanie
well this isn't the best pic i've taken...but it included my cousins...sara and james.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Lefto's said...

Hey Jo!

Does James also double as Jamie?? That's a crazy wild story that your former student married your cousin. Hadn't heard that one. I love the last picture of you. You look like you set the self-timer and didn't think it was going to go off and you were mad that you had to go back and set it again and wait for it to take the pic... funny!

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home