JOJO's Journey

Thursday, August 14, 2008

reading freak.

way back in july i started a series of books- called 'Redemption', by Karen Kingsbury. I began reading the first book and finished it in 2 days, while in ND celebrating the 4th with Jen and Jay. (started the 2nd while there) Since that weekend i have finished the 'Redemption' series, plus the 'Forever' series-10 books. of course, these books are about the same characters: A Family called the Baxters. I have completley fallen in love with the Baxter family.... it sounds silly, i know, that falling in love with fiction characters could really happen, right? Their just made up characters...well, i've learned a lot of good solid things from this fiction family. First- to TRUST: to trust in God; in all situations, in all seasons of life, in all areas of life, good and bad, when ya want to and when ya dont. Yeah- the book has some pretty cheesey stuff happening, but hey...i am girl- cheesy is what we do. But TRUST is always what keeps the Baxters going. wonder if that whay people think about me? i doubt it! Second- To PRAY: again, in all situations, in all seasons of life, for all areas of life, good and bad, for yourself or others- praying is a must! I have found myself wondering why i am not more like the characters in the books; their first thoughts are always to pray first. ME...well, i pray- and at times i even think i am a consistent prayer. but....man, i can pray way more often and for way more things that at times i think i can deal with myself. Third- To CELEBRATE. there is nothing more important than family and good friends to do life with. As I've read these 10 books i know with out a doubt that i want to celebrate life with my family and friends. Forth- To HOPE. again...these books are cheesey...girly if you will...lots of romance. but...it gives me hope that one day (if i pray more; see #1) romance and the love that i so desire will find it's way to me. I know that there have been a lot of things that i have pondered while reading these ten books the past month +. The kicker is...after the 10th book i thouhgt i'd be finished with the Baxter family, and as the 10th book came to an end i found myself sad. well....low and behold- the Author decided she wasn't ready to finish the Baxter story, so she wrote another series called Sunset; which yes...i am currently on book #2. i actually just bought book 3 and 4 on ebay today. so- there ya have it; I am a reading freak! you should do the same. turn that silly TV off (excpet for the olympics) and read a book. learn something that spurs you on to become a better person. BUT- dont forget to put the book down to read your bible and to go to bed at a decent time...2 things i've sort of forgot to do in my 'Baxter' persuit. SWEET>

1 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

seriously...is THIS why I don't hear from you nearly as much as I used to??? This is probably why you couldn't bring yourself to drive 20 minutes to watch us become the champions of the universe last night!! Ha ha! ok, just kidding...kinda. See ya tonight!! :)

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home