JOJO's Journey

Thursday, August 21, 2008

10 pds....lots more to go.

some of you that don't see me day to day probably aren't aware that i am currently on a weight lose journey. i joined weight watchers about 5 weeks ago and have currently lost 10.8 pounds. i am excited about it. i feel great. i cant really 'see' that i've lost 10 pounds...but thats ok. feeling great is most of the battle- right?!?!?!?! i have a long term goal in mind as to how much i want to lose and by when, and i am right on track. if i continue the current pace i am at- i should reach my goal. weight watchers, i am learning, is about life changing habits instead of a diet. so i wont call it a diet!!!!!! i am learning that i can control the urge to eat when i am bored and that i can control the amount i eat. of course, it is hard to give up the yummy sort of food - like peanut butter, and candy bars, and butter, and that most often actually eating 1 serving of something does fill you up..if you just let it. i of course also have had to give up Caribou coffee treats, which is probably been the hardest. yes...i still indulge myself oh so often...which is way i like weight watchers- cuz it allows you to do that sort of thing. i have been learning a lot about food and habits, and am liking my journey so far. of course, the more weight i lose the harder the 'habits' get- but thats ok. This week will be a massive, massive challenge as i head to a friends cabin for the weekend. of course there will be cookies, treats and super good eats...most of which i will need to 'watch' what my intake is. than on monday i head to the state fair...oh goodness- i plan to take tiny bits of things, but thats it. than on tuesday i am having a couple girls over for taco night, which aren't bad for you...if you stay away from chips, sour cream, olives and the shell part. so- i will be interested to see how i do come my next weigh in day. I have been praying for lots of discipline in my life and this is just one area in my life that needs a lot of it. i am proud of myself, which is hard to say sometimes...but i am. it's been good.

3 Comments:

Blogger teamgulley said...

Hey Joann! It's Sheila from high school! I just came across your post and wanted to say "hi!" Take care.

8:12 PM  
Blogger JoAnn Venhuizen said...

sheila- how do i connect with you? do you have a blog? email? sweet....glad you came across my blog.

9:05 PM  
Blogger teamgulley said...

Hey! You can reach me at harferinc @ yahoo.com. Hope to hear from you soon!

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home