JOJO's Journey

Sunday, May 04, 2008

connections... gotta have connections

i love that i have fun connections that get me places that most people don't get to go; and sometimes for free even. My friend Keith, who makes and sells Risen Drums hooked me and 7 of my friends up with a Meet and Greet pass with Leeland and Casting Crowns last Saturday @ the Excel Energy Center! Of course, we had to pay for the tickets, which we got at a discount rate cuz of Matt who works at NWC and gets discounted tickets. so...the Meet and Greet was interesting to say the least...and fun. The dude in the green t-shirt and blue vest would be Mike. Mike plays Risen Drums for Leeland (you need to get their CD...it's killer) -thus my connection. He is a crazy dude! The picture below is of Jay and I. No Aunt Bonnie, he isn't my boyfriend. But...he is my friend Jenny's boyfriend, thus my connection in getting a hug and picture taken with him. He's a cuttie huh!!!!







After Leeland left this little room that we were in; and let me just say that there were about 50 of us in that room standing in a circle waiting for the 'famous' people to come out. it was weird. This picture is of my group of friends (missing Ben and Dawn), and the lead singer from Casting Crown - Mark, who is right next to me and than the lead gaiter player. (3rd one from your left) The concert was very good. The Excel Energy Center has awesome sound. Keith and Allison and 2 of their friends has row 7 seats. We were off to the side and back about half way- still really good seats. But, of course Keith hooked us up 2 at a time and we got to sit in the 7th row for a while. Again, connections....

doc Nate is moving! so now i have a connection in Texas so when i wanna go visit i have a place to stay. it was said to say good-bye, but i know that he will do so well there. miss ya Nate!
Ok, this connection needs some work. I was invited to Jen's nephews 4th birthday party on Saturday. of course if i didn't know Jen i wouldn't have been invited and than wouldn't have seen all the spider (wo)men who showed up for the party. It's always fun to meet and watch a good-friends family interact.
My last connection was Jill getting Jen and I FREE tickets to the Swarm playoff game, again held at the Excel Energy Center. I haven't been to the Excel Energy Center my whole life- than... bam, 2 Saturdays in a row. crazy. Jill couldn't use the tickets for herself so Jen and decided to go check out what Lacrosse is all about. It was pretty interesting, and super entertaining. I could maybe get hooked on Lacrosse. It is very fast paced, not a dull moment (like hockey) and there are lots of fights! We were seated right behind the players box, row 5; prime time seats- for FREE. Lacrosse also goes really fast. We were in and out in like 2 hours. so it was worth our drive downtown St. Paul and the $10 we had to pay for parking. I highly enjoy my connections...and i love getting free stuff. Good times.



















2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that you consider hanging out at a 4-year olds birthday party with me as having a "connection". I mean, I guess if you didn't know me, you wouldn't have been there...but it's not like HE'S famous. Although...Spiderman DID make an appearance!! :) ~ Jen

11:11 PM  
Blogger Paulette's Postings said...

Joannie, you make fun happen where ever you go!!
Love you,
Auntie Paulette

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home