JOJO's Journey

Monday, April 14, 2008

Weekend full of Birthdays!

My sister in law, Jess, had her surprise 30th birthday bash this weekend, which turned out not to be a surprise. She found out a couple weeks ago - but that didn't stop us from having a great time celebrating her. My brother owns a event center and has great access to throw big parties...so a big party is what happened. Jess spent all afternoon cooking for her own party. We - about 50+ peeps - showed up to play. We has some good eats, some good conversation, chased around some kids (there were so many kids), watched a video tribute to Jess, and than the music started. I cant say that i danced at all- well wait, i did a polka with my younger brother and than a waltz with my dad!!! otherwise, i sat around with the cousins and BS'd all night. it was fun. Had a couple drinks and just chilled. Laughed our heads off at each other. My cousin Kizzy is a hoot. man, she makes me laugh. Ya see, Buzz had a bunch of glow rings that the kids were using and us 'older' kids got a hold of them and had some fun with them. Kizzy, of course, was creative in how she used them. Outside of that there was a lot of dancing...good times.


i spent the weekend there cuz on Sunday we had another birthday bash for Tyler- who is Jessie's littlest boy. He turned 3 today. It was a much smaller bash, but still fun. Again, Jess cooked up some good eats for us all and we again talked up a storm. The party was focused around kids- so we had bikes, skate boards, Rollerblades, and balls flying everywhere...lots of screaming-laughing kids. Tyler opened up some fun gifts and seemed to have a riot. He was super tired and really needed a nap, but just didn't seem to wanna stop running around like a crazy kid.


towards the end of Jess's party a band came in to play some live music and low and behold my 11th grade English teacher was the guitar player and back up singer. he asked my brother to come up on stage a sing with him. I didn't talk to him cuz i really didn't like him as a teacher. I remember he made me do a impromptu speech on toilet paper and than he also made me recite poetry from Shakespeare. so....anyway- it was interesting to see him in band. their sound was really good.


On my way back to the cities I was so tired that i almost feel asleep behind the wheel. i blame that on my dad, cuz for the party he made us decaf coffee....so- enough said. I had to call peeps just to stay awake. of course, no one was around their phone. thanks to Matt for returning my message and keeping me awake. When i got home, i laid on the couch and kid you not, was out in seconds and slept for 2 straight hours. i woke up just in time to watch that 70's show, than went to bed.
NONE THE LESS...I AM BIRTHDAY BASHED OUT!

2 Comments:

Blogger The Lefto's said...

Wow, Mr. H. Scary!! Don't know if I would have had anything to say to him either. Sounds like a fun weekend!

11:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Monitor de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://monitor-de-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home