JOJO's Journey

Saturday, August 11, 2007

men in tights!

i got a call early afternoon yesterday from my friend Jill who had pre-season tickets for the viks game and wanted to know if i was up for a night out watching 'men in tights'. i was a 'for sure'. so....much to my surprise these free tickets she got from work were the best seats ever!!!! lower deck row 36....and as you can see right behind the in zone. of course, these seats were surrounded by season ticket holders so everyone knew everyone. we had some crazy fellows sitting right in front of us that had no problem getting to know the people around them. their names were Danny and John and man oh man, they were way more entertaining than the men in tights playing football. Danny was a player....the smooth harmless sort, but still a player! at one point he leaned back and said to me, "you have the biggest, brightest, blue eyes i've ever seen in my life". wow- i thanked him and blinked my bright blue eyes as many times as i could. later that evening as he and john headed out for the 3rd time to get yet another beer- i said, "hey Danny, dont forget my water this time." he looked at me and said, "did i forget it last time?" Yes, Danny you did!" "Ok, no problem! I wont forget this time." Now, i need to fill you in one something. I had not asked Danny for a water at all...i just pretended I had so that he would think he forgot it; i wanted to make him feel bad so i could score a free water. why not, right!!! i can be a player too!!!!!! tickets, free water...it was a good night. Danny did return with a water in his hand, along with another beer and some nachos. he shared his nachos! it was fun. Jill and Jenny found it very entertaining! it was a good time. as for the the men in tights....they lost in the last 2 seconds of the game, the other team scored a field goal! doesn't surprise me! anyways. i wanted to get a picture of danny, but he moved on to a red head down the row with bright red lip stick that i am sure asked for a beer instead of a water. like i said before, he was smooth!



A FRIDAY SPENT IN STILLWATER!

the day before i went to stillwater with Jill and Jen. Jen has an appointment there and Jill and I thought it would be fun to go along. So, Jill and I spent the morning sitting in a cute little coffee house reading our Bibles, drinking coffee and chatting here there! Jill is so sweet! I am just getting to know her better and have found her to be an inspiration! she is so solid in her faith and seems to be so passionate about everything she does! I enjoy her solidness.....
After Jen joined us and enjoyed her cup of decaf Mexicano something or another and spent a couple minutes chatting with us we decided it would be fun to walk the streets of downtown Stillwater. We found some interesting things: most the little shops bring their pets to work. Dogs and cats, whatever! and you get to pet the animals. so....that was fun! Jill and Jen found a plastic spoon-fork that they all got for their hiking adventure they are going on next weekend. We than decided to go down my the water and take a look there and of course had to get in some pics. After that we hit a cute little sandwich place for lunch and than went to the batting cages for swing away; we were preparing for our softball games that evening! anyways - it was a good day in stillwater!


1 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

I am Kim Erickson's sister and she was showing me your site!! Good for you, I am very impressed that you did a Tri. Great site!

Nikki

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home