JOJO's Journey

Sunday, June 24, 2007

it's been awhile

it's been awhile since i have blogged, and i have no real reason why i haven't. sorry out there to all of you who actually read it. so whats been shacking in jojos life these days; well...

1. grad school. one more week of class, 3 more papers to write, and than i get the whole month of July off..

2. celebrated dad's day with, of course, my dad. drove north to home that Sunday morn to meet him at church. than drove further north to kick it for lunch with my older brothers family (we had burgers off the grill and DQ ice cream cake...yum). mom is off in Jamaica with the youth group from church- they are on a missions trip, so i decided i would help dad with chores. we cleaned his big old beautiful red semi-truck, and let me say that is not a small task. than i cleaned the whole house for him. we just sat after, had a beer and watched TV...pretty low key my dad. his health (for those of you that are wondering) has returned to complete normality (is that word?). his heart is fine....is head is fine. he went to the chiropractor and i guess popped his ears and pushed on his temples and dad said it felt like his whole head was draining....which i guess was a good thing since he has not had any vitergo problems, headaches or throwing up spells since! good news there. i love my dad- couldn't have asked for a more solid male role model in my life. he has taught me so many things....i cant even beginning to explain them all. but this past sunday i learned from him that cows dont let other cows calfs suck milk from them...even if one of the other cows dies! gosh, i thought cows would be a bit more caring for each other than that- guess not! my dad loves his cows! oh yes, i did take a ton of pics of my day with dad- but found out upon my return to the big city that i left my camera north- whooops!

3. working out has been my daily adventure. i have worked my body senseless the past 7 days. and i feel it. i had a session with Fawn (my trainer) Friday morning and i was so exhausted she told me i had to take two days off from training. it felt really good to do nothing yesterday (i did go for a hour walk though- does that count as working out?) today i might get a short swim in. anyways- working out has been the one thing this summer that i do almost every day. i am enjoying it. just wish i was seeing results from my hard work.

4. went to Ocean's 13 yesterday with my friend Nate. I had free passes that were going to expire soon- so needed to use them up. Nate is hilarious.....! the movie was good.

5. dog sitting. spent a couple days with Linus. He makes me laugh and was good company.

6. LOST. i did something i probably shouldn't have. i went to best buy the on Thursday to get a ink cartridge for my printer...(those darn papers use a lot of it), and just happened to walk buy the DVD's of LOST (TV show). man, i love that show. so i splurged and bought session 1- and since than have not been able to spot watching them. i told myself i can not watch any episodes today- we will see if i can stand firm in that. i love Matthew Fox, he is dreamy!!!!

7. did my nails- when does that ever happen.

8. made my friend Patrick very happy. i love making people happy. i went to nwc bookstore (the one in roseville is going out of business) and bought him a bible. He is a good guy, just has made some really bad choices for himself and has been stopping over on his lunch break to seek advice, which has lead to some pretty intense "Jesus" talks. it has been good. he mentioned to me that he has never owned a bible- well....he does now! when i handed it to him, he could not believe it and kept saying "really....you did this for me". it made me smile. now my prayer is that he actually picks it up, reads it, and does something with what he reads.

9. i've slept in most of the week....yip, til 7:30. that is so awesome.

10. catching up with friends is always a must! i am lucky to have such good friends in my life.

2 Comments:

Blogger Annette said...

ok chica, two important things:
1. i've slept in all week - and my idea of sleeping in is 9AM! i've gotten 9 hours/night since school got out for me.
2. the thing about cows and their calves is true -- but the trick is, that if a baby calf dies and you want to fool the mother into thinking that she should feed another calf (for example if one's mom died, or if there are twins) - you just have to take the skin/coat of the dead calf (i know, it's gross) and tie it onto the calf that's not blood relative. and then the mom will often claim it even though it's not her own - cuz it has the smell of her own. make sense? spoken from another farmer's daughter. but i'm sure your dad already knows that!

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't want to hear either of you talk about sleeping in. I haven't slept in for a good 2 years now - ah, the wonder of small children. Sleeping in now counts as me up at 5:30 to work out and Justin not getting up till 7 to come downstairs and ask to do the "trechmill" with me. He's so cute. :)

Anyway, babble, babble...mostly, I miss you guys!!!

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home