JOJO's Journey

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

could not handle it any more!

i couldn't handle it any more. today while in the grocery store....just after a really long, sweaty and hot workout, i sow a Dr. Pepper and NEEDED one. so....i broke one of my 2007 resolutions. yes, one of my resolutions was to give up soda (specifically DP) for a year. It has been 187 days since i have tasted the oh so refreshing and yummy taste of Dr. Pepper, and for that matter any soda! I almost broke down yesterday when i was with my friends Linda and Taylor, but that was a no go...today was a go! It lasted me about an hour; i tried to savory every taste before i got back on the fast. my next DP will not be til January 1st of 2008! But let me tell you....i so enjoyed it!!!!! it was perfect.
beings this happened i decided to go back and take a look at my blog on my resolutions and see how i was doing on the rest of them. sort of disheartening. (the blog is the last entry in January if ya wanna go back and read it)
-one of them was to workout 5 times a week. I have upheld that one almost to the tee and have even taken it a step farther and hired a trainer to work me out 2 times a week as well. since i decided to go that route i have not done the weight watchers piece at all; which was suppose to help me lose 25 pds by summer time. well....honestly, i have not lost 25 pds, but have lost almost a size to 2 sizes in clothing- and have been doing a lot of fine tuning muscles. so...i feel good about that one.
-research grad school and sign up. DONE! in grad school. yeah, that one is accomplished
-read my bible every day and keep up on my daily chronological bible readings. well....that one sucks big time. i went back to look in my chronological bible and have not read in it since the end my May. and as for just reading my bible every day- nope, maybe 50% of them time i do. so i am placing my discipline challenge yet again before me to see if i can do it every day! but i have joined a bible study- so that helps!
-the last one was to go on dates. and i have some...not enough... and i think i might be holding out for a certain someone. but....'whatever' is my attitude with that whole issue.

*so there ya have it. my Dr. Pepper tasted awesome today. and as the rain keeps coming down and the thunder thundering....i think to myself. Life is good!

2 Comments:

Blogger Annette said...

funny - as i read your blog i had just cracked open a can of DP - and i never, rarely, drink sugar soda (only the cancerous diet stuff). SO -- here's to a good DP, and to the strength to finish out your year. You can do it! I'll cheer you on in your other resolutions... I KNOW you can do it. Love ya!

11:35 PM  
Blogger Annette said...

did i mention it's 11:35 PM? why am i drinking caffeine and sugar??

11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home