JOJO's Journey

Monday, August 20, 2007

golf with Julie

i don't think i have been golfing since the college course i HAD to take in college, which was like 10 years ago. I don't have clubs and i have no idea on the how to's of golf. but julie ross-boss, who works at a golf course and who played on the golf team at NWC last year (and the basketball team), invited me over to her course to take me. i was willing of course, and ready to learn. it was a beautiful afternoon; sunny but not at all hot so we could actually enjoy being out on the course in the sun. my first hole was horrible, laughable even. i think it took me 5 swings before i actually made contact with the small stupid white ball. the dude behind me told me 'don't worry, you can only get better.' the ball went like 30 feet out in front of me...so julie kindly offered..' maybe we should play best ball', which means we hit the ball that is closest to the hole. so we walked by mine picked it up and moved onto hers. putting for sure is the best thing i got going for myself.- must be all that mini-golf i play. anyhow...
i think in the 4th hole i actually made good contact with the ball and it even went in the air- and a long ways. so....some holes we played best ball and some holes we played our own ball. this hole julie actually hit hers into the bunker and i wanted to try to hit it out...so we played her ball even though my ball was better. i think out of the 9 holes we played i hit 4 of them into the air. yes, i know- i suck! but it was fun. and julie is so fun to hang with. so...thats my golfing story.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rajan Family said...

HA! A sport you aren't awesome at! I think I could actually beat you. Lets play when I come home! :)

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home