JOJO's Journey

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Allan

I love it when good friends show up in town and a spur of the moment get together is called. Allan, who was a foreign exchange student from Costa Rica when I was a 10th grader in high school was in town. We got together for some dinner in Stillwater MN- good times. Allan and i have stayed in contact through the years, but don't get to see each other much. He is still so much fun and has so many ideas! He currently works for a moving company that is out of Washington State, is married and seems to be enjoying life! One of my most vivid memories of the 10th grade is of Allan. It was his going away party... i was in tears cuz i didn't want to say goodbye. we exchanged quarters (i gave him a US one, and he gave me a Costa Rica one...whatever they are called) and hugged each other and told each other we'd stay in touch....i still have my Costa Rica quarter and we still stay in touch. Some day I am going to head to Costa Rica to visit his stomping grounds- that will be fun. anyways- i am sooooo tired. not much else to say. headed out to Chicago tomorrow with Heather and Tammy for girls weekend. that'll be a hoot. till than. goodnight! Love you Allan!

Oh yeah- Praise the good Lord- it was the last day of school today. Man oh man, do i need a break from that place. I love teaching, i love my kids, i love what i do...but a break couldnt be needed more. yahhh- summer is here!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Rajan Family said...

I think I met Alan once with Lance. Are they friends? Didn't he have long hair?

Anyway, enjoy your summer break!!! Any jobs lined up???

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home