JOJO's Journey

Thursday, April 05, 2007

October 31st, 2003

On October 31st of 2003 I made a very large purchase....a brand new car. I needed one badly. The ford torus i had been driving was causing me to much stress...and maybe my parents even more stress since they always had to come to my aid and rescue. It was always breaking down, or having some sort of issue- like the power steering always going out- even if there was power steering fluid in it (yes i checked it!). so....i went car shopping that fine sunny October afternoon and bought myself a new Chevy cavalier; a silver one with only 7 miles on it. I got a super good deal. My parents had a $2000 coupon from buying something (i don't remember what) and it was going to expire if not used within a month or so...and they were not going to use it on a new car so I got it. Plus, i got another $2000 off for my trade in- my car dealer goes to my parents church so i think he gave me a really good deal-NICE! . and that day Chevy dealers just happened to be running a sale on the brand new 2004 cavalier model...so another $1500 came off the top. So i got a good deal!!!! thus purchasing a brand new car that only had 7 miles on it. 7 MILES!!!!! Today i had to take a picture of the 'silver bullet's' odometer. History was made.
Yes, 50,000 miles. a mile stone - get it!!!! i cant believe i have put that many miles on the 'silver bullet' in 3 years and 6 months. today i tried to remember all the places i have gone. of course, i have gone back and forth from Brooklyn Park to Rosville for coaching every day and visiting my friends, and the little to and from places with in the cities- which never really seems like your going far, but really you are! yes, many trip north to Mora and back again. I think i have made a couple trips to Kansas to visit my cousin Clint, and uncle Jim and aunt Joyce. maybe a trip or two to friends' cabins in random places. i think i made a trip to Farimont to visit Scott. and i might have gone to South Dakota for a wedding. (did i drive or did Joni) gosh...does that really add up to 50,000 miles. guess so. wonder what the next 50,000 are going to hold for me and the silver bullet. good times!!! i feel very blessed to own a car that has given me no hassels the past 3 years and am hoping for the same in the next 3 years to come. I feel blessed to have purchased a brand new car- that doesn't happen to most people; at least that's what my dad tells me. huh?

1 Comments:

Blogger Annette said...

congrats, joann! my silver bullet trusty alero is ready to turn 130,000 i a few short miles - maybe even tomorrow - and I didn't buy it quite new, but it only had 20,000 miles on it... so that means i've put 110,000 miles on it since 2001. Hmmmm... it's been good to me. One of these days I might have to look for something newer, but hopefully not yet! It's GREAT to not have a car payment!

11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home