JOJO's Journey

Monday, March 26, 2007

my butt sense

today was one of those days that you look forward to all winter long. a day when the sun is out bright and warm and there are no clouds insight. a day when you keep your windows open all day and night long and let the light breeze enter your home. a day when your eyes hurt without sun glasses on and you cant wait to take your sweatshirt off. a day when your physical education classes finally get to go outside and play instead of being stuck inside a gym. a day you cant wait to get home and get your bike ready for your first ride of the year. that was my day! the second i got home i did just that. i pulled the bike down off it's perch, greased up the chain, pumped up the tires, tested my brakes, reset my odometer, dusted off the cob webs from my helmet and got on for a ride. i am not sure i enjoy anything more than biking. there is something about it that drives me to work really hard, yet it's relaxing and fun. (unlike running). while on my ride i realized that my senses were on high alert. one of those senses is....my 'butt sense'. let me explain. ya see...your butt needs to get in shape to bike and after months of rest my 'butt sense' was on high alert. after mile 8 my butt was screaming 'get off'.....too bad so sad butt....7 miles to go! on a more normal note my sense of smell noticed things that made me smile. at some point i smelled mud. not sure if some of you city-its know what i am talking about but mud has a smell....one that as a child i loved. i am not sure if i was riding by a muddy drive way, caught a smell of it from the river, or if it was just the ground trying to breath after a long freeze. either way, it was a good smell. also- char coal....i love that smell. someone was cooking hamburgers on the grill and i wanted to find them and make myself welcome. and Freshly cute wood with a hint of chain sow gas - i know this smell well since my dad was a logger for most of my living years. fresh cut wood is a great smell! my taste sense...since i was all gung hoo to get going i forgot to fill up my water bottle. (ya see that green bottle on my bike - yeah, it's empty.) so my taste sense at about mile 6 really wanted some water. oh well, i pushed through. lastly, my sight sense. i took a road that i have never biked before and holy Lord where there houses the blow my mind. big massive houses- on the river. beautiful massive house; houses that you dream about what the inside looks like. to close- today was a great day. my senses have been awakened after a long winter and are ready to do Spring and Summer.

1 Comments:

Blogger Annette said...

i love the way you write!!!

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home