JOJO's Journey

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

the number 5

15 years ago I graduated from high school and was thinking about what life will be like in college

5 years ago my teaching job changed from part time to full time and i was coaching basketball at northwestern college

5 months ago i was in Floriida celebrating my 33rd birthday, by myself. it was glorious!

5 weeks ago i was so ready for school to be done and for summer to start

5 days ago i was coaching at a post camp at northwestern and getting ready to do a presentation for my grad class- super fun! i aced it.

5 hours ago i was sleeping on Jen's couch

5 minutes ago i was answering the phone at Scandia Chiropractic and making appointments for patients. yes, i am the secretary for the week. NICE.

in 5 mintues i will be answering the phone at Scandia Chiropractic, making appointments and putting vitamins away

in 5 hours i will be eating lunch and sitting on the beach- we get a 3 hour lunch break....sweet.

in 5 weeks i will be getting ready to take part in my first Triathlon of the summer. not ready at all....and the water is going to be so cold!

in 5 months i will be back to work...teaching, and wondering how in the world can i motivate kids! (and wishing i was still the Scandia Chiropratic secretary...)

in 5 years i be returning from a year or 2 of teaching in New Zealand- and maybe, just maybe I will be married.

in 15 years i will be teaching somewhere, living somewhere with my husband, loving life and enjoying the blessings that come with being 48 years old!

2 Comments:

Blogger Annette said...

that's just a great post, Jo! I'll have to try that one of these nights when the creative juices are flowing just a bit more. you rock.

9:55 PM  
Blogger AG said...

Teaching in New Zealand? What? Did I miss something?

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home