JOJO's Journey

Friday, April 27, 2007

Deerfield Beach Florida

Went to Deerfield Beach Florida on Wednesday with some co-workers of mine to tour some junir high school and get some new and fresh ideas on 'the how to' to make our school a better school. Deerfield is about 30-40 minutes outside of FortLauder Dale. Wednesday we got in very very late- and pretty much hit the pillows when we arrived. Thursday morning we headed to Miami to tour a school and was blown away at how well mannered their students are! nothing like the view!!!! that evening we had a chance to relax around the beach and play in the sand. I, of course, took advantage of the lounge chair and ocean side view and took in some sun rays. i worked up enough guts to enter the water- waves were big and no one else was swimming so i assumed it was tough waves and waters. but- when you travel from MN to FL you have to venture into the water- right!!! when i got in a older man (florida native) came into the water with me and first thing he said was "you've got some guts" and i said "why?" his response was laughter....again, "why are you laughing." old man said..."well you must not be from around here". me- "nope ...MN". old man- "oh i see, than you think these clear white rubber things floating around you are old condoms". me- "WHAT?" old man- "yeah - dont ya see all the jelly fish?' me- "um, what are you talking about?" old man- "all the jelly fish around you...look!" (him pointing at about 30 tiny clear jelly fish right around me) me- running out of the water as fast as i can.....i did not get stung and the old man was laughing at me as i exited the water quick like. good times!!!!!
today- Friday, we toured another school and than has some down time here at the airport...nothing like spending prime tanning time sitting in a stupid aiport watiting for your flight. but lucky enough-i have my computer and my blog to entertain me. i am flying to Orlanda to kick it 1993 style with my friend Kara. (for those of you that dont understand 1993 style- it's just the year Kara and I graduated from high school) I will be taking in as much sun and as much fun with her and her family as i can. i was all excited to rub in my tan to all my MN friends upon my return- but i have heard that it's suppose to be in the 80's...sucky time to leave MN> oh well. later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home