JOJO's Journey

Monday, April 23, 2007

ode to linda

i did my last duty as assistant basketball coach Friday night, we had the banquet. it was very well done. Linda like always pulls everything together like a pro and makes everyone on the team feel special. this time around she made me feel extra special....she honored me with some very nice words, some flowers and some memories that i will hold tight to for a very long time. Linda is one of those people that you are just drawn too...there is something about her that makes you want to be more like her. i have been influenced by her for the past 7 years working with as a coach, i was influenced by her for 4 years as a players- she was my coach, and i am sure that i will continue to be influenced by her for many more years to come! I kinda want to be like Linda- she is a great coach and is very hard to live up to her standards...which is a good thing. i have learned so much from her- i cant even begin to list them. she is a great athlete- sometimes intimidating, but again- has influenced me in my athletic life. she got me addicted to tri-athlons. she is a great mom, a great wife, does relationships with lots of heart and effort...well to make a long story short she is super cool and i admire her tons- and i love her tons. it has been hard for me to adjust to the 'not coaching thing'. i find myself jealous of not being apart of the next years process and i am sure i will continue to fill that as the season gets closer. but i know that this is where God has me and i still feel really good about my choice, i just know that being around Linda daily will be missed a ton!!!!!! hey Linda...you rock. LOL< LOJ< ST< PK, WC< NW. (great memories). you've been a great 'big dog'....love that about you. call me whenever you want too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home