JOJO's Journey

Sunday, October 08, 2006

re-modeling begins!

so i have had this big idea brewing in my head and i guess i started it this weekend- no turning back. I got inspired by my friend Kara Lefto and all her house repairs she has been doing and thought- 'shoot, if she can do it, so can I.' I have been very grossed out by my carpet and have wanted to put new stuff in. but instead of replacing the old carpet with new i am taking a chance and am going to refurnish my stairs in wood. the idea is to take the old wood that was under the carpet take it out, sand it, stain it, and than put them back in. a big project - one of which i am glad to say that my mom will be doing most of. she lives for wood work and stain!!!!! my job in the next week is to get the carpet up, nails out, staples out and ready for mom and dad to start removing on saturday! once that project is done and i can enjoy it for a split second,; onto the next project, which will be ripping up the old kitchen tile and the carpet in the dinning room and laying down some sort of cool wood like flooring- honestly, i cant remember the name of it! thats why this project is a bit scary- i really have no idea what i am doing. again, i am glad mom is a fix it freak. once i can enjoy the kitchen for a split second onto the last room...putting in the carpet in my living room. i am so excited for new carpet!!!! anyways- that is the way i spent my weekend. shopping for the big re-modeling projects. oh yeah- i also got a knock out looking dress that was sooo cheap and i cant wait to wear it. and of course when i actually have something to wear to a wedding no one is getting married. of course! oh well, it was a deal that i could not pass up! hope your weekend was a fun filled as mine!

oh yeah- my pastor today challenged us to 'Shhhhhh' this week. To be still before God and actually use the word 'shhhh' in our life. i am going to try it this week. in my car - no radio. in the mornings- no music. working out- no music. and before bed- no tv. i need to SHHHHH my life down! night!

2 Comments:

Blogger french_students said...

wow, joanne! it sounds like it's going to be beautiful! i haven't seen it the old way, but i still don't give up the hope to come see you and your house one day :)

oksana

8:55 AM  
Blogger The Lefto's said...

I am truly honored Jo to have inspired you to such great things!! In the end you will surprise yourself at what you can do, when at the beginning you have NO FLIPPIN' CLUE!! It's a lot of fun to start and finish a project. It's not always to fun in between, but the start and finish is GREAT!! Enjoy your projects. Love ya!
Kara

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home