JOJO's Journey

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Girl Pal

Annette Leander... I love having a girl pal like Netters. She is one of a kind, someone I strive to be like. We finally got to the chance to meet up and catch up on life after planning it for what seems like years. Annette and I met back in 1994. I was a freshman at Northwestern College tyring out for the basketball team, she was a sophmore also trying out for the team...and we made an instant connection. She wore #33, I wore #40- and I loved being teammates with her. She was (is) one of those people that worked her butt of no matter what - and always did it with a smile on her face, a great attitude, an encourging spirit, and a heart that was so after God... no matter what! I remember devo's....and whenever Annette did them she always had something inspiring to say, something that totally kicked my butt and made me want to seek God more. (she still is doing that...kicking my butt all the time) I remember one time I swore on the court (for all to see- and for some to hear) and she pulled me aside as my captian and talked it out with me...she didn't get mad, she didn't judge me, she just loved on me like a real sister in Christ and helped me see my fault and how to improve it. I loved her for that - and for many other things. And to this day she is still challenging me in my walk with God; in ways she proably will never know. She may not agree with me, but her faith is so inspiring!!!!! Netters was also my roommate for a year...probably one of the most stable roommates I have ever had. And I have had a lot! The things I enjoy most about Netters is her heart...her heart for God, her smile, her ability to read book after book and figure out how to apply it to life, her outlook on life, her ability to make those around her feel so special, the stability, her creativity, her blogs (she got me hooked), her athletic ability, the fact that she is so down to earth and easy going, and that even after years of not talking we can connect just like we did on the basketball team. Annette, I wish we had more time to hang out. I totally appreicate you and love you. I just read this verse tonight with another friend and want to share it. "When Christ, who is your life, appears, they you will appear with him" Rock solid! God appears in you so much Netters...keep seeking!
check out her blog. www.anniemarie33.blogspot.com
out-

1 Comments:

Blogger Annette said...

I love you, Jo. We'll be friends til we're 90.

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home